2012 Rolls Royce Ghost EWB .. My Dad's car..priced right | FerrariChat

2012 Rolls Royce Ghost EWB .. My Dad's car..priced right

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by mtmilam, Jan 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
  2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Good luck with the sale!

3. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Getting a lot of interest, almost everyday...155K is what he'll take for it.....its amazing how people will low ball you, even though the price is already low and a good deal...:D...one guy offered 153K...Really?...You can't come up 2 K?...:D.....I think if we'd take 153, They would come back with 151K :D....oh Well...I'm glad I don't sell cars for a living

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think you should have taken the 153 . I'm not a car dealer but do make deals for a living. Maybe the prospective buyer was thinking the same thing. GLWS.

5. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    I agree, if you are asking 155 , 153 seems like a very reasonable offer. Luxury items such as these cars are a want based economy, no one needs to buy a RR, but they want one. im sure the buyer is wondering , same as you. why would you not sell such a high ticket item at a 1.25 % discount. but hey it is your car and your choice. For all i know you have no need to sell the car. So, you might be alot less motivated to discount the price of car.
    anyway beautiful car and GLWS.

6. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Totally disagree! He's asking $160k, which already is a very good price for a 2012 Ghost. He's now saying they will take $155k. That's a steal! People are just F'n cheap and always want to feel like they're getting over on someone.

Try selling a car here yourselves. You'll quickly learn what a slew of low ballers there are here on an already fair priced car. Not to mention make agreed upon sales only to never hear back from that agreed "buyer".

7. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Believe me, I know!!

Tell your Pops not to take a penny less than $155k! That's a great deal!!

8. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #8 mtmilam, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah, I don't think he would have even paid 153...he came back with another email, a few minutes later offering 145K If he could inspect the car first then purchase it....The car just left the dealer 2 months ago with a full inspection and nothing was found wrong with the car....If I want a car, and was going to pay 153...I would also pay 155...my Dad paid 220 for it a year ago....Nothing is priced close to it, most are asking 180 to 190 for same car....We just have to find someone that wants one...It still has 9 mos. left on the Full Factory Warranty!! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    hey that's the rub of selling a car privately. dealing with all the nonsense. I was not commenting on the value of the car. just the economics of the deal. i think the issue is tire kickers, not the $153 k offer. if the guy was serious and showed up with cash in hand , would you really turn 153 k away over 2 k?

10. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    You found me! I want one.... but sorry I can't afford it. Beautiful car :D GLWS

11. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Yes, I would. And I actually did just that with a $2k difference offer on my current car. If I'm already pricing a car attractively and don't NEED to sell, why give it away?

On the other hand, (as a buyer) I would never let a car get away that I desperately wanted over $2k.

12. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    like i said , you are looking for a buyer who DESPERATELY wants your paticular car, and a seller with no need to sell. supply and demand. Switch those and things change. I too would pay the extra 2k if it is a car i wanted. but if i was selling, i'd probably drop the 2k, i could make alot more than 2k with 153 k cash to invest.But hey to each his own. You are not wrong or right, it is the seller's choice.

13. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

+1 on all.
    Welcome to car sales, tire kickers galore.
    Anywya, good luck on Ghost sale, it will sell :)

14. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    As someone who buys/sells items every week, I'm shocked the deal wasn't done over a 1% price variance. You are correct though, you can hold the car as long as you want until you get the price you ask. You also have to factor your time value.... how many more tirekickers do you want to deal with to get an extra 2k? Beautiful vehicle and I'm sure it will sell very soon!

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#15 Cigarzman, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    + 1. Ps great looking car.

16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Damn, a year too early for me...GLWS

17. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Looks like the the Car is SOLD....guy called today, he asked what is the lowest my Dad would go...I told him, like the others, 155K is the lowest, he's Asking 160K and Dealers have them for 195K.... its a great car and a bargain price....He asked if I was a dealer...I told him, no, just a guy who likes cars and helping my Dad sell his...He Said, "Good"..:D:D.....I told him, The Dealer wouldn't give him hardly anything on a trade, It was almost insulting (116K) is what Dealer offered when he got his Bentley....I told my Dad, I know we can get more than That :D.....So we priced under what most dealers have them for sale for, by 30 to 40K and I just waited.... The Guy wants a Rolls and he knows its a good Deal, with the Factory warranty still....Wiring the money Monday.....going to San Diego.

Thanks DisCUDsted for the "pep" Talk :D:D...Sometimes its lonely sticking by your guns :D ......

18. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Nice deal Congrats! 116k now that's an insult shame on those guys!

19. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    An illustration of the wacky, contrived market we have here. It seems to be acceptable that dealers can offer ridiculously low amounts in trade ($116k in this case) and then turn around and try to sell them for ridiculously high amounts ($195k from reading the thread) without doing a thing in between (literally, most of these cowboys don't even wash the cars between buying and selling). I'm sure they don't get the numbers they are asking for but it makes for a very unpleasant experience. I just bought the F430 in 15 minutes. My offer was accepted, no messing around, no countering etc. Why can't it be more like that all the time?

Glad you sold the car, she's a beaut :)

20. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    I'm a bit of a Rolls buff and that's the nicest spec I've seen. Great job on the interior. Almost a shame really to part with that car so soon but I'm the same way...

21. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Well.. It still is in Limbo....I did a conference call with the buyer and Bank of America to get the final payoff and to give. Him Wiring instructions to pay car off.....buyer started asking BoA if he could just take over the note .....BoA lady said, "Excuse me, I don't understand"....I was thinking, "oh Lord, this Aint good".....then she told him he'd have to apply for a loan at BoA.com and once approved then they would pay car off and he would have a note on it.....then he thanked me and said he'd get back to me......maybe he's applying for credit...seems odd he wouldn't have Already done that??.....I give it 30 percent chance of deal going through....the Saga continues... It's most getting fun now :D I'm calling him tomorrow and see

22. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Did the buyer offer to send BofA a check for the total plus $10,000, saying "You pay the shipper and keep anything extra for your troubles. I am prince Hakeem Olajuwon from Nigeria"...?

23. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    that sucks, so sad people are not up front about their intentions.

24. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    WELL....Surprise Me...The Buyer is Coming to inspect the Car...Him and my Dad will go to the bank and Get the money wired to pay off my Dads Car...then a truck will come pick it up.....So the Deal IS Going Through.....Goes to show you, you just never know...spoke with Buyer on phone today. He's flying in next week....At least I give it a 90 percent chance of going through now... :D:D

25. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Update?