2005 Maserati Gransport | FerrariChat

2005 Maserati Gransport

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Niteroi, Feb 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    #1 Niteroi, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    $37k

2005 Maserati Gransport. Nero Carbonio Metalic with Nero/Grigio Nickel Technical Fabric Interior.

I've owned this Maserati since 2006. Never involved in any kind of accident, no matter how small. Clean Title, Clean Carfax, Autocheck, etc.

It's always been very reliable, I've done several trips over the years on it and never had a problem, never left me stranded. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere, no matter how long of a trip. All the upgrades that are consensus among owners and experts to improve its capabilities, making it faster, safer and more reliable were done:

- Formula Dynamics DBW (Drive-by-Wire) 4200_dbwem Drive By Wire Enhancement Module

- Formula Dynamics Performance Chip Performance High Power ECM Peformance Chip

- Formula Dynamics Sport Springs Blue Performance Sport Lowering Springs

- High Performance Air Filter 4200 High Performance Air Filter

- Custom Exhaust Piece replacing the squashed pipe under the steering column. 4200 Larini Systems Sport Cats / De-Cats

Do your own research on ************.com

It also has from the factory:

- Heated seats

- Memory seats

- Skyhook Suspension

- Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

- Door Inserts in Carbon Fiber

- Dark Grey Break Calipers

- Grigio Mercury Wheels

It comes with:

- All Original Manuals,

- 3 Original Keys (including the red valet key),

- Original Car Cover,

- Original Tool Kit,

- Original Compressor.

- Original Window Sticker

- All Service Records since new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJQQDprFiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNpCD083skw

Taillights have a removable dark film on them, if you don't like it you can remove it in a couple of minutes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    How long ago was the clutch changed last? Also, how much life is left?

3. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    Clutch was changed at around 20k by Auto Gallery, it was still good but since the TO bearing was being replaced under warranty they offered to change the clutch at no extra labor cost if I paid for the part, so I did it. I haven't checked the clutch life because the local indy shop that does the regular service doesn't have the equipment to measure/check it.

But I only drive it in Sport Mode, have the DBW installed, and Santa Barbara is pretty flat, no hills or steep driveways. How you drive those cars makes all the difference in clutch's life. You may find someone who just had it replaced but lives in San Francisco, or always uses the Auto Mode...

So clutch measurement will be part of a PPI if interested.

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I have no relationship to the seller.

I use one of these cars as my daily driver. Bought in early 2012 with 24,000 miles. Clutch was at 17% wear (so 83% left). Like the OP, I only ever run mine in Sport mode which is easier on the clutch. I also drive it like a manual in traffic and so avoid crawling as you may do in an auto. Car now has 50,000 miles. Clutch is at 34 percent.

Fast enough to be fun. Great sound. Accommodates 4 (yes, you can sit in the back. It is comfortable, climbing in and out is the only challenge as you age!)

Anyway, great cars. Good luck to the OP.
    Philip

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    this car is almost exactly like mine and similar mods. it is just an awesome car, I had planed on trading it for 612 years ago because I'm just a Ferrari person, but this car is just too good! similar power to the GranTurismo, but lighter weight and smaller body. I really think the last real sports car Maserati has produced. Our clutch lasted 40k driving hard in the city stop and go traffic if that tells you anything.

6. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    How many miles on the car now?

7. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    40,650 miles.

Sorry forgot to put it on the ad.

8. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Looks like these are about 500-600 lbs lighter than a gran t...I had no idea. 3 pedals. Black. That's a bunch of maser for the $$. Unless your driveway has 4 feet of ice in it (wait a sec, make that 5) you have to consider making this a DD-why not

9. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    This is a 2 pedal CC

GLWS. great car.

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

And, to be clear, all GranSport's are F1 (?), I believe. Did a little research and can't seem to find any that are 3 pedal.

11. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Yep...all F1. probably about F430 type vintage. (I believe).

The 2009 Gran Turismo came with an F1 ala Ferrari 599.

12. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Looks like it is an F1-you guys know these better than me-just noticed that in the pics also. Fcar made the 360 (last yr) in 2005-are these in the era of maseratis where the bottom half of the engine is based on the 360?

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    430 I believe.

14. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    This is such a great car, someone needs to grab it. It has all the right updates. If it were not black/black I would jump.

15. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    I want it, but have a really nice MB 280SL Pagoda which I am really enjoying. No room for two at the moment
    (and it makes the most sense to hold onto the appreciating asset versus replace with a depreciating one, right?).

But then again, when did purchasing/owning an Italian car make sense... I love these Gransports. I want one.

16. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Has timing chain like 430 as well (no timing belt service!!!)

17. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Just a casual observation, but these cars aren't depreciating quickly anymore. This car looks cherry, and could be enjoyed with little to no depreciation IMO. That said, no they are probably not likely to appreciate anytime soon.

18. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    Gransport prices are slightly up compared to last year's. I doubt they are going to appreciate much but it looks like not depreciating either. I live with my 16 y.o. son and my 3 cars are a Cadillac CTS-V wagon, a 355 and the GS. So when he asks for a car to go out I'm in trouble! He's been driving the CTS-V, but I don't feel comfortable letting a 16 Y.O. drive a 560 hp car. So I'm selling the GS and using the money to buy him something else, and that's the parts that sucks, a Toyota Tacoma new costs as much as the Maserati! And it's going to depreciate a lot. Anything out there half decent is going to cost around $20k.

Sometimes I think about giving him the GS and calling it a day..

Maybe giving him only the red valet key :)

19. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Why is this car still available?

I agree, these have probably bottomed out (or close enough) and won't appreciate soon.

However, finding a nice one, like this, will get harder. As this price a lot of people will buy one and not maintain properly and the cherry cars wills be much harder to find.

I don't have garage space and it kills me the car is here. Someone buy it!!!!
    dsd

20. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Del,
    I have three children (16b, 18b and 21g). They all drive the GS. The only damage to it has come from the 21 yo curbing wheels and so forth. I have not let the 16 yo loose in it yet on his own. I'd have no qualms about the 18 yo driving it anywhere and have had him on the track with professional coaching. So some part of my own thinking on the children driving the car is my judgment about how conservative they are, where they are going, time of day and so on.

But, at the end of the day it is a 400 bhp car that they'll be "challenged" by others on the street so I think getting something more restrained makes a lot of sense.

Philip

21. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I believe so. The regular 4200 was available with a manual transmission (though I heard the take rate was only about 10%), but I don't think the manual was ever offered in the GranSport.

22. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    My 16 yo son drives it, but with me on the side ;)

23. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Newbie in the Maser world...is the 4 door version of this car 'the same', just longer wheelbase and four doors? These seem like interesting dd's with depreciation complete. Thanks.

24. chrisbinsb

chrisbinsb F1 Rookie

Oct 20, 2011
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Driving this very car was what got me to buy a GS myself (Thanks Del!) It's a great car with the right mods. Good luck with the sale