1983 Porsche 930 Special Wishes Factory Slant Nose, 38,000 miles, $89k/offer | FerrariChat

1983 Porsche 930 Special Wishes Factory Slant Nose, 38,000 miles, $89k/offer

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by MonoSpecchio, Apr 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    I listed my car here before, but I just realized the mileage was wrong in the title...it has 38,000 miles, not 83,000! Big difference! I couldn't change the ad title so I'm posting it again.

Price drop to $89,000 or best offer. I dropped the price because nobody has come to look at the car yet...it is truly stunning in person. I believe the first person to see the car will buy it...that's how it has worked with the other Porsches I've sold.

I have it listed on eBay, but I would be happy to negotiate an off-eBay sale with an F-chatter. I would also consider a trade for another interesting exotic car.

url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/291419197616

2. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Nice 930 Turbo and it should go fast ; wonder why it takes so long with the reasonable price ; good luck with your sale.

3. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Hi ! Don't see any pics ? Can you post some pls.

Rgds

4. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    #4 MonoSpecchio, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    Beautifull

6. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You have no idea how badly I want this car. It is the exact Porsche I have dreamt about, just phenomenal...and yes I am a child of the 80s. We're in the middle of downsizing and I'm still trying to figure out a way.

I'd *almost* consider a swap with my 308.

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Mark you said it right, I've wanted this car my whole life. Its a dream car and damn GL with the sale. Price really seems low considering the status of the market nowadays.

8. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Gorgeous. Cars like this have a very specific buyer, if you are patient it will sell for a good price to the right person. Hopefully you're not in a hurry. Wish I could afford it, only Porsche I'd even consider.

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous looking car. Beautiful combo. GLWS

10. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    That is a spectacular Porsche, and lovely in your color combination. As a lifelong 930S enthusiast and long-term custodian of a G-50 M505 coupe I have also studied these cars for years. In a sense, I find it strange that the pre-505/506 Special Wishes cars are a harder sell than the "production" flachbau cars. The Special Wishes cars are certainly the rare and exotic breed of slant 930.

In another sense, however, I don't find it unusual. The Porsche collector - specifically the 'modern' 911/930 collector - is fastidious with regards to documentation, much more like a Corvette collector than a Ferrari collector due to (1) the proliferation of accurate factory records for many cars, and (2) the ease with which cars are modified "after the fact." Public sale results such as this from last month speak to the value of documented, albeit less bespoke, M505 cars: 1988 Porsche 911 Turbo 'Slant Nose' Cabriolet | Amelia Island 2015 | RM Sotheby's

Based on your research, I don't think there is much doubt regarding the authenticity of your Special Wishes 930. I do think you will find the right buyer for it, and the market will find the price for it over time. I think that the difficulty in the sale stems from the lack of a Kardex-type document for the car, and I think that you could triple or quadruple the value of your car if you can authenticate it with Porsche factory documentation. Either way, it's an incredible piece, and I wish you GLWS.

11. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    If I were you , I would try to get it authenticated by Porsche Germany first cause not many people know the Special Wishes version of the Slant nose; the price may be much much higher ...

12. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    #12 MonoSpecchio, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    That's the problem with the Special Wishes produced slants...the work was invoiced just like a repair, as Werk 1 (who created the special wishes slants) was also the factory repair facility. So unless the buyer kept these invoices, no documentation can be obtained from Porsche.

A couple guys in the UK with the ultra-rare 930SE slants spent several days in all the factory archives and still turned up no records. I've never seen any factory documentation presented on a pre-M505 slant, have you? Perhaps if the car was shipped to Porsche Classic they could do a certification, but I have my doubts they would be willing to do that without any factory records to go by.

This will always haunt the values of pre-M505 slants no matter how good the non-factory documentation is.

13. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    #13 MonoSpecchio, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am not in a hurry and will wait for the specific buyer to find it like you said. I've had two phone offers of $80k, but I am holding out for a mid 80s offer and would much prefer the buyer to see the car in person. I have someone coming next week to see it when they get back home to LA from a business trip.

Will keep you posted.

14. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Yes, there are a few pre-505/506 cars I have seen with documentation. Most recently this one, sold in February, with an addendum by the factory in its original warranty book: http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22528/lot/403/. If the car were mine I would dialogue with Porsche and consider having the car inspected.

15. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Very cool car...one of the last made before they introduced the pop-up version in 1983. Again though, that car has the original warranty book that the owners kept all these years, not any kind of modern day documentation (like a Kardex or COA) supplied by the factory. Mine does not still have the warranty book unfortunately...once the original papers are gone, no proof can be produced.

Do you know how much that one sold for?

My car is still available.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Edit button actually disappears after an hour, IIRC.
    You can hit the "!" and report your own post, and ask a Moderator to change it.

17. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Car is sold to a fellow F-chatter, thanks everyone!

18. lmcmahon

lmcmahon Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Great news! Congratulations.

19. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Jay - it was nice meeting you and checking out the slant nose. I can't wait to get it home to Charlotte!!

20. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice buy Glenn. Looks like it will fit right into your collection.

21. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Congrats - it is absolutely a great buy that you won't regret but the seller might ....

22. MonoSpecchio

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    It was a pleasure selling to Glenn as well. Still hard to believe he was the first one to come see the car in person...as usual with cars I sell, the first one to see it buys it.