2005 Maserati Cambiocorsa Spyder | FerrariChat

2005 Maserati Cambiocorsa Spyder

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Vito, Feb 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    #1 Vito, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2005 Maserati Cambiocorsa Spyder in Grigio Alfieri with gray/black leather interior. This car was purchased from and serviced exclusively by a Maserati/Ferrari dealer and everything is up to date. This car has always been garaged and never driven in winter. The six-speed F-1 gearbox (paddle shift) shifts quickly and smoothly. It can also be driven in full automatic mode. The 4.2L, 4-cam motor is strong and revs freely. This motor (390hp) is built by Ferrari for Maserati and has a timing charin so the routine changing of timing belts on many other Italian thoroughbreds is not necessary on this Maserati. The leather interior is soft and supple. The power folding top is in perfect condition. The power of the car is amazing and it will take you anywhere you want to go in great style. This car is truly a head-turner and a classic Italian design. It has won awards at local car shows. Now is the time to get a true Italian exotic like this while the price is still reasonable. A/C is ice cold. Full records available.
    Current mileage - 16,000
    Price - $35,000
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. stevegtsi

stevegtsi Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    I have been in this car several times and know the car and its owner very well. the car is in superb mechanical and cosmetic condition, the car turns heads wherever it goes, and its owner is fanatical about caring for the car. you will not be disappointed.

3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice :)

4. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thank you Chris. This car has been a dream for us for the last 6 years. But now we'd like to move on to something a bit different. While I understand that most are not thinking about convertibles now, now is the time to begin to seriously shop to convertibles before everyone wants one and the good ones are gone.

5. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Time to enjoy a convertible....

6. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I can't think of a better value for an Italian exotic. Good luck!

7. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thank you.

8. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #8 full_garage, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just a little confirmation on this car-

I have a 2004 in the same color with red interior. In four years the car has been DEAD reliable. These are fast as hell, sound great and get as many looks and comments as any Ferrari I've driven.

GLWS!

9. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thank you for the truly unsolicited comment. It's a great car for sure & hopefully it'll find a new & deserving home.

10. stevegtsi

stevegtsi Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    See my prior post. It's a superb car and someone should take advantage of a great opportunity. I know first hand of its reliability and condition. Feel free to PM or email me to verify anything.

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    very eclectic collection.
    well done!

12. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    The two-year service was completed today on the car by the local Ferrari/Maserati dealer and an extensive multi-point examination of the car completed as well. As the service writer noted, "That car is next to perfect … Nothing major to report that needs attention." The car is now truly ready to go and be enjoyed.

13. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    I'd like to add a few things missing from the description of the car.

Based on the photos, this car looks like its one of the rare 4200's that were ordered with the Vintage package. This special order package includes the chrome vents on the sides of the car, unique polished wheels facelift design, chrome door handles, chrome on the rollbars and some other items that I forget.

This page seems to have some more details about the Vintage package:
    https://www.netcarshow.com/maserati/2003-spyder_vintage_package/

In addition, you'll notice that this is a 2004 car, which means it comes with the facelift GranSport front and rear bumpers, the "newer" wheel design and the MSP+Skyhook suspension. These items did not exist in the pre-2004 cars.

How do I know that this car has Skyhook suspension? Because it has a "SPORT" button, if it had a plain suspension then it would have had a "POWER" button.

I just wanted to mention all the above, because this car isn't your typical 4200 spyder ;)

I hope it goes to a good home!

14. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thank you for the comments Maserati Blue. Yes, the car does have the Vintage Package & the Skyhook suspension. In fact, I have a copy of the original window sticker to support those claims. However, the car is a model year 2005 having been assembled in December 2004. The wheels are the ball polished wheels.

15. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Stunning in every way and totally underrated in this era. 4200/GS is the last breed of 'true' Maserati IMHO. Sounds like a cracking car and good luck with the sale. :)

16. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thanks...hope it goes to a good home

17. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Bump - Service completed by Maserati dealer last month, everything is perfect, dealer reported 90% of clutch remains so no worries there for the next owner.

18. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    Update - Current mileage is 16,250...enjoyed it this weekend.

19. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
  20. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Congrats to the new owner- a TON of car for the money!