2005 Honda S2000 | 12,300 miles | One-Owner | FerrariChat

2005 Honda S2000 | 12,300 miles | One-Owner

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Sterling Sackey, Sep 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

#1 Sterling Sackey, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Full photoset: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/albums/72157673119220071

Details:

A one-owner from new, 12,300 mile 2005 Honda S2000 finished in Silverstone Metallic over Red/Black. This car was purchased new from Cush Honda in San Diego, CA and lived its life there until we acquired it this month. The updated "AP2" generation S2000 debuted in 2004 and was the ultimate refinement of the original S2000 formula. S2000 fans consider the '04/'05 cars to be the most desirable of the breed, including the improved suspension geometry and increased engine torque that came with the AP2 cars, but excluding the drive-by-wire and stability control system that the later cars were saddled with.

12,300 miles. VIN: JHMAP21445S002521. Location: Orange, CA.

Zero accidents. All-original paint. All VIN tags are in place. 100% clean Carfax confirming one-owner. 100% clean, free & clear title.

My daily driver is a 2009 Honda S2000 I purchased new, which currently has just under 70,000 miles, all of them mine. I am extremely familiar with the S2000 platform, and I can say with confidence that this 2005 S2000 drives and feels like a brand-new, off-the-lot S2000 did back when they were available new in the 2000's. This level of "tightness" is simply not available on cars with more miles.

Flaws:

I rate all elements of this car 10/10 aside from the paint, which I would rate 8/10. The owner of this car was not a serious enthusiast, and treated it cosmetically as a normal vehicle. Thus, it has some scuffs on the front bumper, a scratch on the rear bumper & hood, one or two paint chips, and some clearcoat etching from contaminants. Basically the normal stuff you'd expect on a car that spends some time outside. It also has a chip on the windshield that has been sealed & repaired. As one can see from the pictures, the car looks amazing and these issues are only noticeable to a perfectionist such as myself. :)

Maintenance Information:

The owner purchased a service plan from Honda, so the first 5-years worth of servicing was done at the dealer. Subsequently the owner changed the oil once per year at local shops.

Needed items: Absolutely nothing. These have a timing chain, so no worries on belts. New owner could do a fluid flush if desired, and change tires if desired. The original tires have plenty of tread and the rubber looks fresh (no cracking whatsoever).

Car comes with the following:

- Original window sticker.
    - Honda wheel locks w/ original package.
    - Original owner's manuals.
    - Cush Honda plastic folder w/ original 2005 S2000 accessories brochure, dealer contact info, tire warranty card, extended service plan card, etc.
    - Maintenance records and inspections post Honda service plan.

Price: $23,995 firm.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Another Honda Heritage Jewel!

I don't know you find these gems, GLWS.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Good luck with the sale! It's great to see how these cars hold their value so well.

Regarding the tires, since they are original, they are done due to the age. They'll need to be replaced, no matter what they might appear to look like.

4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Well, I made the 90 mile drive back from San Diego on them at 80-90 mph, and I'm alive to tell the tale, so they can't be that bad. ;)

Agreed in all seriousness, but I leave it up to the new owner, some guys like to keep the original set on the wheels and get another wheel/tire set for driving. You only have the original tires once! I'm fairly certain these Bridgestones originally specced for the S2000 are no longer produced.

5. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

The Bridgestone RE050 is still made, just not in the OEM staggered sizes. Plenty of other options out there in "stickier" compounds. Good luck with the sale, the red/black interior is a fairly rare option by the way.

6. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    +1. When we bought our 2005 model new we wanted but couldn't find the red interior, so settled for black/black. 86000 miles later we still have this great car.

GLWS.

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thanks for the kind comments.

Forgot to include in the OP, the car also comes with the original Honda tonneau cover still in the plastic.

8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    GLWS!

I had the exact same car and color combo only mine was a 2007 I think. It was a blast. Still wish I would have held on to it.

9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

This S2000 is pending sale.

10. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
  11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Wire received at full asking price. Sold!

Nothing compared to your cars, but thank you!

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    In this market, that was supersonic!

13. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Impressive indeed.

14. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Not surprised. Your ad and photos were great, and the car is a rare find (color combo and miles).

Thumbs up.

15. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Not surprised, fantastic car and price.

16. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Thanks gentlemen!