Alfa 33 Stradale replica? | FerrariChat

Alfa 33 Stradale replica?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by f308jack, Apr 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    It's been mentioned a few times, but I haven't seen anything concrete: Does anyone make a 33 Stradale replica?

2. Johnny Prezemullo

Apr 24, 2006
    Ask Uwe Meissner of Modena Motorsport at Langenfeld/Germany. He may have a Giordanengo made replica for sale.

3. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  4. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
  5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #5 wbaeumer, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    I supervised the build of an Alfa 33 Stradale for a customer of mine who also owns the "real thing".
    Yes, the replica is at Uwe Meissner`s shop. No, the car is currently not for sale.

If someone wants more infos - please send me a PM.

Ciao!
    Walter

6. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Walter,

Last week I came accross the photos you took for Oldtimer Markt or some such magazine, very nice work!
    Maybe you could punlish some of them on here?

I got a reply from one source who are building a Stradale, but no details yet, they plan to introduce the car later this year.

I'll keep on looking, as nothing I've seen so far looks like it is according to what I'd do, approaching the original as close as possible. The large dia pipe chassis was a great idea and would work just fine with a bladder inside the tubes, the problem is of course the engines, as no originals are available and Montreal engines are relatively rare.

7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The shots I took show the real thing. I drove it that day and must say its almost non-drivable!!! The clutch is a sinter-racing-clutch, the heat in the cabin is unbelievable even when the sky is cloudy, and the brakes a s**t....(what brakes???).....!

Ciao!
    Walter

8. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Walter,

Few of us will ever have the priviloege of driving a real Stradale, and yes, from what I read it was one of the most radical cars ever put on public roads. That's not really very surprising, given that it is really a full blown racecar with something on top to keep the wind out of your hair and some indicators thrown in.

It wasn't even attempted to reach a compromise, which caused it to be an impossible roadcar, but one can't help being hopelessly ion love with that body. Creating one with a little more user-friendly character would just be fantastic.

9. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
  10. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
  11. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
    Great.
    His work is amazing, and the body looks quite right to me....
    Would love to see a chassis, a proper designed chassis, even a modern spaceframe....

Match it to a carbed (with high ram airs) 3.0 Busso V6 and a Hewland gearbox would sum a nice pack.

Regard, Alvaro.

12. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    We think along the same lines. Problem will be to get it road registered in most countries. Also, the original chassis design will be difficult and impractical to replicate, and the obvious choice would be to create a spaceframe. I was thinking about this, and maybe the large diameter tube idea could still be incorprated.
    The engine in Paris would be nice...

13. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
    Yes, a chassis with large diameter tubes in the sides, hosting racing style fuel tanks would be nice.

In Spain can be homologated as a Special Individual Homologation, not cheap, but would give you free way to the design and to use the car as a fully street legal one.

Alfa engine is obligatory, so an old trusty 3 litre 12v Busso, with 200/220 bhp would be enough to put you into seirous problems with police. A 3.2 GTA with old style high trumpets, would be great too...

Salute

14. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
    #14 AlfettaGTV, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A real 33 racing engine + Montreal engine

http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/113786442.htm?ca=7_s

This classified advertisement is for both 2 engines :

- AUTODELTA Engine V8 Alfa Romeo T33 Alfetta Montreal Tasman

plus

- ALFA ROMEO Montreal Engine low miles + new seals full kit

Alfa Romeo Autodelta hybrid 2500 V8 Engine T33 Tasman probably from Autodelta either Tasman, marine, or rallying program of 1975 with the Alfetta Gr 4 or Montreal Gr 2 cars.

Real and very rare opportunity to get a correct racing based engine for project cars such as

- Alfa Montreal Gr4
    - Alfetta Gr2
    - Tasman formula 2500cc
    - Afla Tipo 33 Stradale replica
    - Alfa Tipo 33 replacement engine for racing (keeping the original engine safe)

This engine was made by Autodelta and called hybrid V8 with the original racing parts from Tipo 33 such as

- The 8 pistons 78mm diameter hight CR with very deep valve pockets and matched liners from 33TT2 2000cc engine(instead of standard road use 80 mm Montreal ones)

- The racing single plane long stroke "flat cranck" from both 33TT2.5 and 33TTT3 engines (2500 and 3000cc)(instead of Montreal two plane "cross cranck") whereas 33TT2.0 has single plane short stroke "flat crank".

- The 4 billet camshafts from T33 racing engines that have of course their timing matched to flat crank. Lift is about 10,6 mm and duration is about 300 degrees.

This engine is actually in 2465cc (78x64.4 bore and stroke) version and can be easly bored to 2997cc by putting new 92 mm wet sleeves and new 86 mm forged pistons. According to experts, it was claimed to give 285 hp up to 315 hp when in 2.5 Litres and 340 hp up to 370 hp when in 3 Litres Gr4 Montreal.
    Only the single plane cranck allows very hight rpm and correct exhaust flow balancing whereas road Montreal engine use a two plane crank in order to improve torque at low rpm for smooth road going.

This Autodelta was mainly used with Lucas FI system (like Cosworth DFV F1 engine) and the inlet throttles were the slide type of the Daytona 33/2.
    It may have been used with SPICA FI when in 3 Litres Alfetta GTV8 Rally.

This Autodelta engine hasn't got all its parts, this is why there is a montreal engine included that will supply parts needed to built a full engine :

ALFA ROMEO Autodelta hybrid ENGINE :

Block : AR00564 * 00023 *
    Block number between the heads : 120
    V8 four cams engine
    Bore : 78 mm
    Stroke : 64.5 mm
    Capacity : 2467 cc

T33 long stroke Crankshaft : single plane Autodelta crank. All original bearings and nuts. Flywheel-starting gear.

Connecting Rods : all original rods and nuts.

Sleeves : 78 mm inside diameter sleeves, machined according to pistons for piston to bore clearance. Sleeves could be changed for 86 mm inside diameter ones, (which means machine the block) in order to reach 2998,5 cc capacity.

Pistons : T33 2000 cc original high dome 78 mm forged pistons, with deep valve pockets. Dome high : 9.75 mm

Intake valve pockets (depth and diameter) : 5.5-6 mm 44 mm.
    Exhaust valve pockets (depth and diameter) : 5.5-6 mm 40.5 mm.
    Heads : alloy heads
    Heads fitted with all valves, valve seats, valve guides, springs loaded but no cam followers. Not dismantled.
    Intake and Exhaust ports : ported and polished.
    Intake valves : 37 mm
    Exhaust valves : 32.5 mm
    All camshaft bearings bolted to the heads.

Camshafts : four original engine camshafts of steel billet type.

Intake camshaft:
    Maximum lift : about 10.6 mm.
    Duration without clearance: quickly checked at 300°.

Exhaust camshaft:
    Maximum lift : about 10.6 mm.
    Duration without clearance: quickly checked at 300°.

Cam covers : two black painted magnesium items.

Magnesium crankshaft seal plate.

Engine parts not there : sump pan, timing chains, oil pump, water pump, ignition, Lucas injection, starter engine.

Both egines are actually next to Paris in France, but I could bring them to :

SpaItalia 2010 on saturday 19 - sunday 20 june 2010 or to Le Mans Classic 2010 on 9-11 jully

For any further informations (pictures-engine detail listing - etc.) please email me at [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Very nice, but it's not the right engine for what I can see would be a credible street car. I also need to go through the specs, but something tells me that not all the parts are from the same engine. Just an off-hand feeling.

A Montreal engine would be a more realistic proposition, but I like the idea of a modern V-6 with throttle bodies and velocity stacks.

I'm not that worried about a suitable drive-train though, the suspensions are more difficult.

A modern, well-functioning A/C would also need to be high on the priority-list!

16. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
    #16 AlfettaGTV, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    A/C is mandatory, of course!

A real racing 33 v8 with flat plane cranck will be realistic, and quite awesome, but too much radical for street use.
    A Monty V8, with some hot mods will do the part, with poise, looks, sound and enough power to brilliantly accelerate such light car.

One option is try to track and buy and old hillclimb sport prototype chassis like Lola or Osella....

Regards, Alvaro.

17. Christian Giordanengo

Feb 23, 2011
    Boves CN
    Full Name:
    Christian Giordaneng
    #17 Christian Giordanengo, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dominik B. likes this.
  18. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Very nice!! Tube chassis?

19. Christian Giordanengo

Feb 23, 2011
    Boves CN
    Full Name:
    Christian Giordaneng
    #19 Christian Giordanengo, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    the frame is the same as the original, the whole car is the same as the original
    I produced 2 AR33 stradale, 2 AR33 daytona, 2 AR33 fleron, faithful to the original 100%.
    i reformed 2 AR33 daytona original and 1 AR33 stradale original.
    now i have one AR33 stradale ready to be painted

20. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    wow...fantastic

im speechless

thanks for sharing

hf

21. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Wow, more info and pics please, this is very interesting stuff.

22. Christian Giordanengo

Feb 23, 2011
    Boves CN
    Full Name:
    Christian Giordaneng
    #22 Christian Giordanengo, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    my replic' s car ore the same of the origianl, i have the reformed the original car, and i have copy every parts.
    i have the perfect frame, front and rear suspension, brake, wheels, every parts.
    i have one original engine, original gear box, oil tank, fuel tank, and the body.
    I installed the air conditioning system in one of them.
    I installed the pneumatic rams to open the doors

23. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Are you going to make any more?

24. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    Beautiful...

25. Christian Giordanengo

Feb 23, 2011