1959 Fiat Abarth 750 Zagato | FerrariChat

1959 Fiat Abarth 750 Zagato

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by mikecrml, Jun 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikecrml

mikecrml Rookie

Mar 27, 2008
    Carmel By The Sea, C
    Full Name:
    Mike Antoncich
    We have a 1959 Fiat Abarth Zagato in the shop for restoration and need some help. The car is complete except for the wiring harness. I've got a new harness for a Fiat 600 and need to know how Abarth or Zagato modified the harness. Any thoughts?

2. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    LOVE those, is it a 'double bubble'? I would love to see photos of the before, during, and after if you get the chance...and sorry, I can't help with your wiring question :)

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I can't really think of any reason why the wiring harness on a Zagato would be different in any significant way from the harness on a 600. The tachometer on the Z is cable driven, isn't it? The Z might need an additional wire or two added to the instrument light circuit to illuminate the extra gauges. The Z has two license plate lights, instead of one. The Z has a water temp gauge, not sure if it would use the same wire as the warning light on the 600. The voltage regulator may be in a different location. Neither car has a heater fan motor or an electric windshield washer, I don't think. There will be a difference if one car has the cable operated starter and the other starts with the main dashboard switch. Little things like that.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Do you have the wiring diagram for the 600? It's very simple, of course.

5. mikecrml

mikecrml Rookie

Mar 27, 2008
    Carmel By The Sea, C
    Full Name:
    Mike Antoncich
    I have a wiring diagram for a Fiat 600, a Fiat Jolly with an Abarth motor sitting next to the Zagato and will start today. It will take some time and will be a fun challange. Thanks for the information.

6. Sheridan Brinley

Jun 2, 2006
    Is your car a pushrod or twin-cam? We had both on Team Roosevelt--the pushrods ran in the production class and the twin-cams in the modified class against all-out racing cars such as OSCAs. Any idea if the car was a team car?

7. mikecrml

mikecrml Rookie

Mar 27, 2008
    Carmel By The Sea, C
    Full Name:
    Mike Antoncich
    Push rod 750. The car has limited race history- mostly club events in California. I'll post pictures soon.

8. mikecrml

mikecrml Rookie

Mar 27, 2008
    Carmel By The Sea, C
    Full Name:
    Mike Antoncich
    #8 mikecrml, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. maserich

maserich Karting

Mar 13, 2008
    Hello Sheridan
    I work for a fellow who has a Zagato bodied Record Monza 1000.
    Is there any way to know if it was a Team Roosevelt car?
    It does have twin 40DCOE carbs and 4 wheel discs.
    He was told the roll cage was done like the Team Roosevelt cars.
    Your comments would be helpful.
    Rich

10. guy moerenhout

Apr 30, 2006
    belguim
    Full Name:
    moerenhout guy
    hallo ,I am interested to see the rolbare to .In my car it also inside and have some old photos to
    abarth works museum
    guy moerenhout