Alfa USA 2013/2014 | FerrariChat

Alfa USA 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Jan 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What production Alfa Romeo would you buy in order of preference?

1. Alfa 4 door sedan $35,000-$45,000 US

2. Alfa 4 door sedan $45,000-60,000 US

3. Alfa Spider $30,000-$45,000 US

4. Alfa GTV 2 door $35,000-$50,000 US

5. Alfa SUV $35,000-$50,000 US

6. Alfa 4C or future high end Alfa sportscar $75,000+ US

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Here is an update from what I have read and heard about Alfa Romeo's return and production of Alfa's in the USA and North America.

Early 1st-2nd quarter

4C and CUV based on Kamal with 1750 Turbo motor, 7 speed DTC gearbox and 4 wheel drive available in the US market. 4C production in Italy and CUV production in Toledo, Ohio.
    CUV based on Giulietta chassis.

mid to late 3rd and 4th quarter

MiTo 2 and 4 door redesigned and available in the US market. Not sure where production for MiTo will be yet.

Early 2nd quarter

Giulia sedan and wagon available in US market. Production at Belvidere, Illinois. Engine options to include 1750 turbo motor.

Link:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/anything-about-alfa-romeos-alfabb-com/191053-marchionne-remains-adamant-will-happen-2.html#post1098667

Will keep this thread updated when information becomes available.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 17th 2012

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #2 F1tommy, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #3 F1tommy, Jan 30, 2012
  4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #4 F1tommy, Feb 2, 2012
    More photos of the concept CUV+test mule and the original FIAT/Alfa timetable. Some have been moved up and others back. Most think the CUV and 4C will be in FIAT dealers sometime before mid 2013. No 'NEW" MiTo 2014 concept photos yet. We should get the final CUV and 4C photos sometime this year.

On another note, the Giulietta based Dodge Dart will go on sale later this year. It is built in the same factory the new Giulia will be made.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Looking forward to their launch in the US again.

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Great news, hope it happens!

7. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Have missed this thread, thanks for all the info

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Speriamo per il meglio Tomaso...didn't see that on the Alfa forum....

9. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
    #9 AlfettaGTV, Feb 3, 2012
    Sorry, but all these cars, except the 4C will be the same pure trash as the 95% of the cars in currently in the market.
    Revive Alfa to make SUVs? Please, try a better joke.

This is what Alfa should put in the market and kick to BMW in the teeth: Small light sport coupes with 1.4 turbo engines, with RWD.... or sporty berlinas.

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Although I agree with you on the CUV, they also need bigger engines than you quote to go against BMW and Audi. The 1.8 turbo is the smallest gas engine I think they will sell in North American Alfa's. I don't like the cars frontend in the photo you posted, but we do need a nice GTV and Spider.The Giulia and MiTo redesign might also end up being good. The 4C is a limited production sportscar. Alfa should target the BMW 3 and 5 series and Audi A4 and A6 along with a entry level sporty vehicle. The US and N.A. are the biggest market for cars so I guess they think the CUV is a must. They like those tanks in the USA and Canada. They also seem to like minivans and CUV's in Europe since you see them all over the place on the German and French highways. I like smaller sports sedans/cars, but most people seem to like medium sized sports sedans/cars loaded with power options. FIAT will adapt to what they think will sell.

11. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    But the statistics speak, 4 door cars out sell 2 door in the USA. And SUV style out sell sedans. Your going to need a bigger engine to beat BMW.

12. AlfettaGTV

AlfettaGTV Karting

Nov 6, 2007
    A Coruna, Spain
    Full Name:
    Alvaro Seco
    The 1.4 Turbo Multiair engine fitted to the Giulietta it's a blast to drive with 170bhp, no less. And I think the Giulietta is not a light car with 1.365kg, in fact is a heavy car. I'm sure it's a great contender against similar class BMW.

The question here is if Alfa Romeo wants to be another vulgar "car seller" with no identity, no soul, no inspiration in the past and no-nothing. Sorry, but I'm not going to buy a Giulietta, a overweight car, even less a SUV... oh, my god, these are the less utile cars ever invented. They perform poor on open roads and get stuck if they get their wheels over more than 10cm of mud. And people think they are safe!! It's the greatest swindle ever!!

But men.... I WILL SELL MY SOUL TO SATAN to sit my ar*e in the car of the pic if they only promised me the same 170bhp, 1050kg and RWD in the range of 25.000euros

Sorry, but USA will not save Alfa Romeo.
    May be they have market studies and so on, but they are wrong.
    British did the same in the 70's and 80's..... and where are they now?

A friend of mine is right: "Alfa died when the last 75 was made in Arese. Since 1992, Alfa is a dead trademark as Simca or Talbot. They can use the name and the logos, but the real soul will be no longer in these artifacts."

13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well the 75 had a 2.5 and 3.0 in the US and Canadian markets. The 75 was also not a very good car, although it had some very nice engineering due to the Alfetta chassis. The details were cheap and not well designed. I remember test driving a new one and thinking it was thrown together designwise. The 164 was a much better car, although front drive was a mistake for Alfa. If Alfa wants to compete in the upscale market against BMW and Audi they will need the bigger engines. Also like BMW, Mercedes, Audi ect. they will need a CUV for both Europe and N.A. That still leaves room for Alfa sportscars and sedans, but I think they will be expensive.

Mercedes and BMW also build CUV's in the USA with engines made in Germany. That is what Alfa will also do, only with engines made in Italy.

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    my Milano 2.5 sounds better than my current E90 325....we need an Italian alternative to the countless A4/BMW 3/MB C-class autos-they are good cars but variety is the spice of life and I'd like to see an Alfa in this class of automobile.

15. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  16. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast

The cost of building a chassis from the ground up is just too expensive, that is why Bertone and Pinnifarina are going out of business, Zagato was smart enough to understand this and focuses on low volume high end cars.

The Italians are terrible marketeers IMO, they have some of the best brand names like Alfa and Maserati yet they have done so little to promote them.

17. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Si!

18. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Jesus Christ that looks so Bad A**!

19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #20 F1tommy, Feb 13, 2012
    Cool looking Disco retro concept to debut at the Geneva Autoshow next month. Milan based Touring reborn is doing the car wich is based on an Alfa 8C chassis. I think Alfa styling is headed in the right direction. The 159 replacement will also debut, called the Giulia.

20. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    YES! A STEP-NOSE FOR THE 21ST CENTURY!
    Make me one in aluminum with rivets in the rain gutters.......

21. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    January 2014 ... whatever
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=261257

Alfa 4C to spearhead US relaunch
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Alfa Romeo’s US relaunch will finally take place at the Detroit motor show in 2014. The production version of the mid-engined 4C sports car will make its debut at the same show.

The 4C will head a range that is set to grow over the next two years to include the five-door Mito, new Spider, Giulia saloon and estate (to replace the 159 range), a new compact SUV and the new 6C flagship saloon.

The first of the new Alfas is not due to be seen until the second half of next year, Autocar sources have revealed. So the company will have to make do with the current Mito and Giulietta for at least 18 months as its sole two new cars available in showrooms.

Once sales are under way in North America, Alfa will turn its attentions to launching in the Chinese market. It had a stand at the Guangzhou motor show late last year and was pleased with the response its models received.

Autocar has also learned from Fiat Group sources that the 4C will only be offered with a dual-clutch automatic gearbox with paddle shifters. There will be no manual option.

However, the 4C’s twin-clutch ’box won’t be exactly the same Fiat Powertrain-developed dry-clutch auto used in the Giulietta TCT (see first drive, p37) because it can’t be installed in a mid-engined car in its present state. Instead, the 4C is likely to get a version of this transmission adapted for mid-engined installation.

Sources have confirmed that the 4C will be powered by a new 230bhp version of Alfa’s 1750 turbo petrol engine. In its present 197bhp state, this engine has a torque output of 236lb ft.

This is well inside the new auto’s maximum torque tolerance of 258lb ft, which means the 1750 engine is also in line for a torque increase for the 4C.

Mark Tisshaw

22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The date January 2014 would not suprise me, but the rumor that the CUV would be available first might be true. Atleast it looks like we will have some Alfa FIATS soon.
    Some of that article is a bit off, like the engine specs.

23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #24 F1tommy, Feb 18, 2012
    More photos. The new spider will be based on the 2010 show car according to sources inside Alfa. Here is what it might look like with road legal headlamps. The 8C GTA is maybe dead?? If only Jim G. had bought one to race! I hope they don't bump the Alfa intro another 6 months. My only question is will they sell the Alfa CUV's before the Detroit Auto show intro?

24. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That spider is awesome.