evo take another look at the Huyara | FerrariChat

evo take another look at the Huyara

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Jun 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6L-j6s9OPU&feature=plcp[/ame]

2. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I can't believe I misspelled the car's name . . .

3. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I can! I'm just now getting the spelling down-pat. Last time I misspelt a model's name so much was years ago when the Murcielago dropped.

Great video though, the amount of detail and precision that goes into Mr. Pagani's work is almost unbelivable. The other 'Supercar Fathers' (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche) passed before my time, so it's nice to know in 20 years I'll be able to look back and remember watching someone become a legend right before my eyes...

4. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    i do that all the time ...typing faster than the speed of spelling or grammer! :D

pagani is amazing in thier detail, just incredible! :)

5. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    No worries mate! Pagani misspelled it themselves. It was mean't to be called Pagani Hundara but spellcheck screwed them. Too bad they discovered it too late after the marketing materials were printed. Huayra was it! :)

6. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Thanks, guys. It's just when someone earns a certain amount reverence you hate to do anything that can be interpreted as disrespectful.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not the greatest fan of the Huayra (the front end and the turbo engine), but, much like the Zonda, the attention to detail is almost frightening. Compare it to Ferrari's, where the carbon interior parts are just laminated over some plastic, whilst with Pagani they're 100% carbon. The bolts with Pagani written on them, and of course them not being a mm longer than they need be to save weight...wow.

Sometimes people still make comments that Pagani is nothing but a kit car, simply because they don't make their own engines (even though the AMG engines are bespoke made for Pagani!). It gets on my tits. Nothing is built with the attention to detail Pagani puts in. The only thing that comes close is a Koenigsegg (which, coincidently used a Ford V8 short block, but no one dared calling that a kit car...) and probably the Mclaren F1.

Just fantastic!

8. Jaws

Jaws Karting

Nov 30, 2006
    New England - USA
    Pagani's are the best cars made now.

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    It's fantastic, and I love it, but at £850,000 it needs to be as exquisite as Harry says it is. It's not the point I know, and the laws of diminishing returns cannot be ignored, but this car costs nearly 5 times as much as a Ferrari 458 Italia.

10. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It costs 5x as much as an Italia because it IS in a different league...

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There won't be many made, and not many will be sold causing a flooded market. These things should keep their value well.

Zonda's are still creeping up in value, even the 'bottom line' ones (although I do believe the Zonda will be worth more in the end than the Huayra, because it's the more desirable car).

458's one the other hand will lose half their value in 3 years from now, and more later. Drive it too much and people with no knowledge of how something works will deem it unsellable.

12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Please can you elaborate? Thanks.

13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I agree. My post was not one of criticism, just pointing out that you do actually pay for the attention to detail that goes into these cars. How do Paganis compare in build quality to a Bugatti?

14. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I know, when you see the Huayra build videos and get to learn how every part is just about as high end as it gets, its price is actually much more understandable than most other supercars. The last time I felt like this was with the McLaren F1. They also had some serious dedication and ultra modern science put in to their cars you could immediately sense why the cars cost as much as they did.

I don't know how the Paganis compare to Bugattis build quality, but even if the Veyron's got the better quality feel, it does not surpass Mr. Paganis borderline insane attention to details.
    Because of the turbo-engined setup with lots of torque, F1-style gearbox, active aerodynamics and heavy exclusivity, I think the Huayra might be the first supercar since the Veyron to actually be worthy of mentioning in the same sentence...

15. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I think what he wants to say is that there'll be no shortage of potential buyers who only look out for low mileage garage queens instead of cars that have seen some more bits of road, neglecting that non-usage is more damaging than regular driving and solid maintenance. Thus the (potentially better taken care of) high mileage cars will have considerably lower resale value.

16. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    there are SO few pagani cars built, that mileage is not going to be the same question as you or i would look for in say a Ferrari purchase ...the cars are pretty exclusive, and and owner/new owner could easily have the factory refresh any particular car

17. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    If you're going to start comparing incomparables....Did you know a Louis Vuitton luggage set costs 1500x more than a toothbrush?

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    watched the video and makes me wow

but such level of extreme detail makes it less machine but rather a piece of art

19. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Our tour guide at Pagani explained it to us. Allow me to paraphrase:

Mr. Pagani views building the car like a tailor makes a dress. It's built around the customer.

After she told us this it made sense. We saw the same chassis seen in the video (006 and 007) and yes, their attention to detail is nuts. Honestly, I don't like the fact that so much of the car wears the Pagani logo, but the cars are really something else.

20. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Thing is, this particular work of art/craft is an extraordinary machine. (Not a fan of forced air induction but it's not like there's much of an option.)

21. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I don't know how well known this is, but CvK has a few flat 12-cylinder engines at the factory, made for him by an Italian manufacturer (apparently, he was thinking of going this way and ordered these blocks to refine both the chassis and engine software.)

He's waiting for the right owner to plop one of these beasts in a chassis . . .

22. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I think level of detail on the Bugatti is also impressive.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDQjzcTQIs&feature=related[/ame]

23. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    #23 Jota 5084, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Old Motori Moderni F1 engines.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    chris harris taking his turn in the huayra (why-ur-ra)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIcGHY_Al_I&feature=g-all-u[/ame]

25. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Nice video. The attention to detail is amazing :)