1969 Murena 429GT | FerrariChat

1969 Murena 429GT

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by roytoy2003, Mar 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #1 roytoy2003, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I got this e-Mail the other day from a car owner that lives about 2 hours north of me:

"I'm 69 years old so I must apologize before hand for my lack of "how to" when it comes to computer stuff. Hopefully, this all will make it's way to you. I'm trying to seek out where I can sell my car. There were only 10 built and they were made in Italy. It's a Intermeccanica Murena 429GT. Italian made but all the running gear is Ford. It has a 429 cu. in. Cobra Jet engine and was blue printed by Mickey Thompson and I can tell you, it's fast! Leather interior and all original. The car only has 30 plus thousand miles on it and the body is flawless. I have only driven the car rarely since I got it some 15 years ago. It has been garaged always. There are minor concerns, some window rubber needs replacing, some window aligning, very minor. I was told this car was once owned by Elvis Presley and has the 1969 Memphis license plate still on. Plainly put, I just want to sell the car."

So today I took the drive up to his home out in the "Sticks"...and I bought the car! Here is a picture of it, not taken today, but when he had it out last summer...started right up...he said I could easily drive it the 95 miles or so plus home..LOL declined that, will have the flatbed pick it up on Monday...

Cool little toy IMO..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wow that's cool! Love to see more of this...

3. big ease

big ease Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    So did you buy it ?

4. JCR

JCR F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Very cool, Roy. An Italian muscle car.

5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes I did

6. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You come across some cool stuff Roy, now their finding you.lol.

I think the first person that can pronounce the name of this car "gets one on the house."

Interesting history.

7. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wow, a quick google shows a guy in So.Cal. with seven of these.

8. big ease

big ease Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    O **** ! I hope u get a photo of Elvis driving that car and Mickey with his head under the hood !
    Because big brother is watching !!! Very cool story, I just get the old dope dealers stuff here in fla .

9. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    So shouldn't this be in 'Other Italian" section? Or is there a Lamborghini connection with the car?

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Cool

It seems to have somewhat of an Italian Nomad flair with Detriot Iron.

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Peter, by now you know I generally am pretty private about what I own, so I must inform you that the number of So Cal Murena 429 GTs you are referring to does not include my half-dozen.

12. JeremyFosterFell

Mar 17, 2013
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Foster-Fell
    I was one of the four original owners of the company Murena Motors we actually made eleven cars in 1969 and 1970. The World premiere was in New York in 1969 with the first car that was "pea soup green" Jeremy

13. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Hi Jeremy,

What are these roughly worth these days... Just a ball park price would be most appreciated and did Elvis and Dean Martin really ever own one each?

Many thanks,

Bill Noon

14. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Thanks for stopping by here...greatly appreciated. I sent you a PM. Would love to get more info on this cool car I just picked up.

Thanks

15. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Wait till Roy discovers the Iso Lele ...

16. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    We just discussed this car on another thread somewhere in this section.

Sorry but I look at that car and think Herman Munster ...

17. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    #17 velocetwo, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I can see that, growing up in California near the beach it sort of makes me think what the hot rod guys would have done with their moms station wagon if they were going to use it for surfing.

I sort of like it, nobody else will have one..........well except that guy down in So Cal

I think the guy in SoCal claims he has the Elvis Murena too! What do you wanna bet all the Murena owners think they have the Elvis car?

18. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Looks like De Tomaso rims on that Green Italia, just seen those with spoke, Dino and ATS like rims before.

19. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    George Harrison, I know he owned other exotics so it would fit his tastes. The one I saw half a year ago was red, and I think it had the three round taillights per side like the black car shown here. The current owner has show biz clients so I can believe he could've run into Harrison owner

20. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    This website story shows more of the cars
    Whoa: Seven Intermeccanicas Under One Roof | Bring a Trailer

since the story is now 7 years old I was wondering if these cars have come out into the sunlight. Also can't find pictures of Elvis or Dean Martin with their Murenas, so is it substantiated that they owned them? I can believe Dean Martin more than Elvis and Dean martin owned a lot of Italian cars, as did his son, Dino, the one that got killed in a fighter jet when he hit a mountain

21. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Give it a brake Bitzman people are tired of your questions, most of which can be answered by simple google searches............ Take a hint, most people don't answer your questions.