Alfa 8C Competizione build numbers | FerrariChat

Alfa 8C Competizione build numbers

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by DWR46, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Is anybody out there keeping track (train spotting) of these cars, with VIN's, colors, options, etc? Also does anybody know the ACTUAL number of US cars imported? I have heard 72 (from an owner), 80, 84 (from a dealer) and 90 (from the press releases). Appreciate your help.

2. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    I am. I know of 84 US-spec 8C Competiziones.

3. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    What is the current trading prices (not asking) for both coupes and convertibles?

4. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    One coupe was destroyed in an accident in the US but the Spider numbers totaling 500 have been cast as suspect in another thread

5. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Finitele: We know the 500 number is correct for worldwide Coupes, and 84 is correct for "U.S." Coupes (however, at least three of these went to Canada and cannot return easily). As for the Spiders, Alfa has claimed 500 cars, but, according to their website, the company who painted the bodies only claim to have done 400 cars. MacGeek is very knowledgeable on the cars, and has records for only 217 Spiders. The U.S. Spider numbers are all over the map. We have 15 cars listed, some said numbers of 20 to 35 cars came here. However, I do know that at least 9 US Spiders were sold as new cars to Saudi Arabia.