Monteverdi Hai 450/SS once Norbert McNamaras | FerrariChat

Monteverdi Hai 450/SS once Norbert McNamaras

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I was sorry to hear, belatedly, of Norbert's passing in 2010 of complications related to Altzheimer's.
    I am researching his purple 450/SS which he found in Italy, restored and displayed at Pebble. It has been displayed since by a subsequent owner. I was curious how smashed it was when he found it and where he found it,since I think by that time Monteverdi was no longer making cars. Was it ever published what he paid?
    Also as far as how many 450/SS were made, I've heard guesses from two (maybe only one with the 426 Hemi) to eleven.
    Norbert was a real fun guy in the vintage car world, for a medical doctor and Army col., he would turn into a enthusiastic teenager when talking about cars.

2. povolenie

povolenie Rookie

Mar 11, 2013
    The Monteverdi Hai (VIN: TNT101) was sold by Norbert to a Californian collector (BDM Classic Cars) who sold it in an auction in 2010 to a French classic car dealer. The car was then sold in 2012 at an auction during Pebble Beach Concours for $577,000.

There were two Hais built in the 70s and then two "continuation" around 1990, so together 4. One is Norberts's former car and three of them are in the Monteverdi museum in Basel, Switzerland.

3. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    What good are all those cars in that museum?