Basket case Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider | FerrariChat

Basket case Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by desmomini, Jul 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    On eBay with an hour left. Currently $11,100. It'll be interesting to see what this goes for.

Alfa Romeo Other Spider | eBay

I know Toms River, NJ - it's very close to the shore, and hence the corrosive salt air. This listing seems to be attracting a fair amount of attention from overseas, with one of the high bidders operating from Italy.

As a recent purchaser of a 73 Alfa spider, I can only hopes the numbers Giuliettas are commanding help to eventually drag up the Series 1 and Series 2 spiders.

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Toms River is very close to me...looks like it sold for $15K? Wonder if it's "legit"...

3. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Alfa board is saying it's money well spent, as is a friend who notes the upwards trend in GTVs.

Speaking of which, this ends tonight:

Alfa Romeo Other Restored | eBay

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Not a fan of the 2000 grill but that is a nice car. I think a good restoration will cost alot more than that so you have to say money well spent on a car that good. This is a classic car bubble, but I think some Alfa's are still well priced and will go up more. I have a 1750 GTV and I think that is the best version. The stepnoses are going for more but I bet the market will adjust just like they did with the 1750 boattails.