SIATA 1952 | FerrariChat

SIATA 1952

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by deeprivergarage, Aug 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  2. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #2 jonesdds, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Interesting car. I love these cars. My favorite was the almost best of show car at I believe 2010 Pebble Beach Concourse de Elegance. Would have been the first post WWII car to win the award, that went to John Shirley's Ferrari this past Sunday. Been my ipad wallpaper photo since pic taken
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    I believe in 1968 a post war Maserati won

4. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That's not what they stated then or this past weekend when the Ferrari won, they claim the first post WWII car to win.

5. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Auto week- Ever since 1968 - 46 years - it has always been a pre-war somethingorother that took top honors, usually a pre-war somethingorother with a long hood, two seats way in the back and flowing fenders down the sides. Now the flood gates have burst open to all manner of cars - and it was Jon Shirley's Ferrari that crashed those gates. -

Automobiles- a silver 1954 375 MM coupe — won the show, besting 216 entrants. The 375 MM was also the first postwar car to win in 46 years.

Sports car digest- History was made at an event which arguably makes history every year. The choice of the Shirley’s 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was not a total surprise given its provenance, quality of restoration and undisputed elegance. Yet it still sent a ripple through the knowledgeable crowd gathered before the Lodge at Pebble Beach, as this was the only second time since 1954 that a Post-War era vehicle has won the top prize at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. (A 1964 Maserati Mistral won in 1968).