Pagani Huayra, how tall? | FerrariChat

Pagani Huayra, how tall?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Long Beach Pride, Aug 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    Haven't had the chance to sit in the Huayra yet, but what is the height limit to fit in the driver's seat? I am 6'5"!

2. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    I would imagine they could build you a car to your specifications, more or less.

3. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    The only thing I can imagine is knocking my knees on the dash and seeing if I fit in the seat with the door closed. If not wonder how much extra it would be to make an elegant "Gurney Bubble". I don't imagine it would be too difficult, especially at around $1.3MM Per car. I see there is a Dealership on Wilshire; where else right? At the Auto Gallery though they are calling the Pagani Side of things Pagani Los Angeles!

I just hate it when these cars come out and the interior is made for people no taller than Circus Midgets - there are exceptions of course.

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As far as I know, if you are buying brand new, they can spec the car any way you like. They will build you a seat that suits your needs. I would jump on their web site and give them a call.

5. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Yeah they will find a way to sell you a car. Each one of these cars is bespoke, so I would imagine that they could easily find a way to give you some extra inches here and there.

6. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    I sent them an email message yesterday questioning them on current height limits. I heard something on the magnitude of 40%-50% of production is coming to the US.

I would easily, as you can tell, take this over any offerings by Ferrari and McLaren at the moment. Not unless I was making this money in the 90s, would have bought an McLaren F1 which is in a class by itself to the collecting community.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Even second hand they'll be able to do all the work. Just get the checkbook out.

Pagani is absolutely fantastic.

----

I don't think the Huayra would be any problem. Clarkson is 6'5'' and fit easily inside the Zonda, I believe the Huayra is bigger inside.

At 6'5'' there'll be a number of easy modifications to make you fit (if you don't fit in it already), a smaller diameter steering wheel and lower mounted custom seat are 2 very effective modifications that'll give you a lot of extra room.

8. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I arranged for a factory tour at the Pagani factory while I'm in Modena next week. I'll check for you.

9. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    i have driven the car and had helmet on, you will be fine