Alfa 4C, thoughts. | FerrariChat

Alfa 4C, thoughts.

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Long Beach Pride, Aug 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    I like it's looks and it good to have another real two seat sports car available in the USA, even though the DOT forced Fiat to bulk the car up just a little. The one thing I'm worried about is the method of construction of the car for the, to keep down the weight, they didn't use any bolts but instead chose to use an adhesive which you don't see too much; YET!

I can tell now that 99.9%+ of repair shops are ill prepared to work on the 4C in the event of a good collision - a collision that would involve the chassis and body parts.

Not unless Fiat has a training course for fixing these cars themselves,.something that dealership rarely ever do. Wonder if the insurance companies will just TOTAL the car do to the expense of repair. Which in turn makes me wonder how expensive will insurance be as a result? When I was watching the TV show "How It's Made" on the 4C it reminded me of the days when I was a kid making models cars and using model glue!

2. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm not familiar with the Fiat 4C. Are you perhaps referring to the Alfa Romeo 4C?

3. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    BRAIN FART. Yes Alfa Romeo 4C. I just wish I could edit the subject of this posting. Any admin who can do so would be greatly appreciated!

Fiat, Alfa, Maserati, Ferrari it's all the same thing. Because those working on.the 4C weren't wearing Alfa Romeo shirts (Maserati)!

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Title caught my eye - sent note to subforum mudderators.

5. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    The car isn't cheap so insurance won't be cheap to begin with.

That said, it probably shouldn't be worse than an Elise, Exige, Viper, NSX, or any other car that has expensive nonfixable body parts.

Interesting though. With a car like that, I would sell and get another one if it got hit. Make the insurance company buy it from me, or collect some sort of big diminished value claim.

6. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    I saw two red ones travelling together on PCH in Huntington Beach 2 weeks ago. Nice machines, but a bit smaller than I thought.

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Also in wrong subforum - belongs in Other Italian. Thread moved.