WTB: Fiat 130 Coupe | FerrariChat

WTB: Fiat 130 Coupe

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferraribooks, Sep 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraribooks

ferraribooks Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2002
    Anybody know of any for sale, looking for 100% original complete. Will be doing a ground up restoration so actual condition is irrelevant, but must be complete as parts for these cars are about as rare as it gets.

US based 1st choice, but will be more than happy to purchase from Europe.

Auto or 5 speed is fine and LHD or RHD is ok too.

This will be a long term project that will involve my 2 boys 6 & under and myself and will be a learning project for them.

Ive restored a few cars so i'm u p for a new challenge.

Whats out there!?

2. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    One of the best aggregator sites I've found is Le Parking - Recherche de voitures d'occasion partout en Europe. It covers some US sites, such as Hemmings. They also keep lots of older listings, so you can also get an idea of prices in different markets and price trends in general. Good luck with your search...

3. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    Peter,

thanks for the reply, found a nice car in Norway, so reached out to the "seller" and then a day or so later got a response from a site KIJI, what is this site that you provided the link to, do you have to pay to get in contact with the buyer?

4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    LeParking is an aggregator presenting ads from other sites, so clicking on 'VOIR L'ANNONCE' should have taken you to the direct listing.

Was it a 'Kijiji' site? That's eBay's classified ad channel, and like eBay itself only advertisers pay to list. The same should apply to any legitimate site. If it looks dodgy, you should just pass and look for another car.

FWIW, I'd really recommend looking for one of these exceptionally elegant cars with leather rather than velour interior, for reasons of comfort, durability, replaceability, aesthetics, etc.

5. Ferrari_250tdf

Ferrari_250tdf Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
  6. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    That side provided a really nice Aubergine 130 Coupe, looks lovely in the pictures and low miles too. Sent them an email, if it checks out, that's the one for me.

Thanks for the link.

7. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    Are these all Mickey Mouse sites or what?

Two requests for info to 2 different dealers, one intl phone call with my butchered Italian/French thrown in and not a single response.

The search goes on.

8. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
  9. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Par for the course for European dealers, IMO. Hope my mail helped though. Be persistent, it'll happen. I do this semi-professionally, and while it may sometimes feel like you're baging your head against a wall, you will break through.

10. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
  11. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    No feedback on these last 2?

12. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    Neither of those 2 interested me, one was in Australia, so unless 100% exact to what i want i wouldn't buy in Australia due to many logistics etc.

I still want that Silver/Orange car, PERFECT in ever way.

13. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Ok, so condition no longer "irrelevant" as originally requested. Got it.

How is Australia much harder the Europe?

Good luck.

14. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
  15. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    Put my bid in and was able to negotiate a decent price i think for this lovely example (Based on pictures anyway)

Fiat Other 130 Coupe | eBay

Will head on down in the next week or so to pick it up. Loved these cars since i was 16 and silver was always my favourite colour, blue interior too, Orange was my 1st choice, but nigh on impossible to find.

best part about the whole deal, guy is 4 hours drive from me, so no customs to deal with or taxes, just hand over the cash and be done.

Probably one of 10 in the country, Ill get some pictures posted of it next to my Diablos next week and see just how different 2 cars can be.

I'm excited!

16. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Wow, congratulations to you on your find. Beautiful car and such a fine example too.

17. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #18 Simon, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    F456M likes this.
  18. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    #19 lgs, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    What a wonderful car and composition! I feel the blue interior suits the car best. And no automatic! Enjoy and congratulation! I met in early summer 1971 - probably one of the very first cars - in Firenze parked along the Arno. Let us know how the drive was and please send pictures about the details.

19. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    I'm getting excited, cars getting picked up tomorrow on its way to me Tuesday. Now i'll have to head on over to eBay and purchase some Abba 8 track music tapes.

20. ferraribooks

Feb 17, 2002
    Had the 130 Coupe for the past 2 months and what a pleasure to drive. Im so happy that ive had not a single issue, the car rides and runs perfect, Sitting in almost 90 degree Florida traffic, no cooling problems and everything works on the car as it should., even the A/C works somewhat and a token shot of cool air to "help"
    cool the interior.

I couldn't have been more pleased and wish i could thank the previous owner that took care of the car when it resided in Italy as clearly this is the key to this cars condition and amazing driveability.

All in all, one of the best motor cars i have ever owned.

F456M likes this.
  21. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Great to hear you are enjoying it. Such a cool car.

22. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    hey! How os it going? Still having the Fiat 130 Coupe? I am a bit interested in these cars and could well have one in addition to my 550 Maranello for letting he V12 not be driven too much.. I live in south of France and that car here would be beyond cool. Let me know your experiences from the last years and post some more pictures. I can imagine that car is super rare in Florida!!
    Thanks
    Erik