Alfa USA/Canada 2015/2016 A new beginning | FerrariChat

Alfa USA/Canada 2015/2016 A new beginning

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Dec 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Let's hope it gets done soon.

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #3 F1tommy, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    4 door may not to be called Giulia but still due to debut on June 24 2015.

New Alfa Romeo Sedan (Tipo 952) Confirmed to Debut On June 24, Giulia Name Not In the Cards - autoevolution

The man further cemented his previous statement at the Detroit Auto Show. June 24 is also the day Alfa will celebrate 105 years since it was founded.

Chatting with automotive reporters present at this year’s NAIAS, old man Sergio told that the all-new model will be a sedan. More specifically, the Tipo 952 will replace the long-gone and achingly good-looking Alfa Romeo 159 compact executive sedan.

Tipo 952 is how Alfa Romeo refers to the project, not the actual nameplate of the upcoming model. A reporter from AutomotiveNews Europe asked Harald Wester, the global chieftain of Alfa, about the rumored Giulia moniker, but he didn’t say yay or nay: ”I’m not confirming...[both Giulia and Giulietta] are milestones in Alfa’s history which are worthwhile to be reconsidered.

First Alfa is out, the 4C to be followed by the Spider 4C and type 952. The SUV should follow in mid 2016?? Expect the 952 and SUV to be way late as usual.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The new Mazda Miata that will never be an Alfa has it's N.A. debut at CAS also. I suspect it will be sold as a FIAT Abarth spider in the near future.

7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Stradale is stunning.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The Alfa dealer near me just opened (Ontario canada) they have 4 4C's in the showroom. Cool looking cars. Alfa and Maserati are being so,d out of the same dealers now. Not sure if they are still selling maseratis out of Ferrari dealers anymore.

10. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    The local Fiat dealer here got the Alfa's.

11. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The 4c is important in getting the Alfa name back out there. The real test will be the daily driver guilia that can really make or break Alfa. The competition in the class is fierce, and 2 more entrants are around the corner (Alfa and Jag). Being good isn't good enough....

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    In less than 4 months we will get to see how the new Alfa mid size sports sedan will look. It has to stand out and have good engine options. I am hoping the V6 option has good specs.
    It should as it is supposed to be based on the Maserati Ghibli V6 motor. They also need another 50 hp from the 4C motor to compete. Cadillac's ATS turbo model even has more hp than the 4C.

13. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I agree with you, the Alfa sedan will be what marks success in North America.

If they name it Giulia and Giulietta, I'm halfway set on buying one for my wife Julia!

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    plenty of no mileage 4cs listed on fleabay.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The dealers are idiots. The biggest problem with Alfa is it decided to run sales through Fiat dealers.

You can't take a sales organization that is used to selling 16 grand econoboxes and expect them to sell 70 grand limited edition exotics.

Dealers are just looking for idiots to pay over MSRP or have no interest in selling the car because it helps them sell Fiats.

Alfa should have been sold in Maserati dealerships. Chrysler is paying the penalty for that mistake today. If Alfa wants to be another BMW, it picked the wrong group to join to sell their products.

16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #16 F1tommy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That is a badass looking 4C

18. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The Fiat dealer here in Larchmont will have a separate studio 200ft away just for Alfa, bldg is being outfitted now.

19. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, saw they are doing construction. Eventually they will have 4 cars, the 4c, Giulia, the spider and an suv. Hopefully they will do a coupe too. I'm hoping they succeed.....

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Alfa Geneva update:

La prossima Giulietta? A trazione posteriore!

" A few years ago, nobody would have imagined ... few models in the range, all the front wheel. Then, one morning in May of last year, during the presentation of the product plan 2014-2018, a roaring Sergio Marchionne announces a new rear-drive platform for Alfa Romeo, which would be born new models of the brand from the D-segment saloon (Giulia/952) up.

Ten months later, at the Geneva Motor Show, the number one of Alfa Romeo, the German Harald Wester, announces that the next C segment sedan (the heir of Juliet, the practice) will have rear-wheel drive. It would seem so in designing a shortened version of the platform "Giorgio", while Bmw is planning the third generation of the series 1 front wheel. According to Wester, so the next Juliet will be a whitefly, useful to raise the prestige of the brand, and adds: "I'd be the only home to propose this solution on a compact. I am sure our choice, rear or integral traction, is crucial for our cars, which are to convey emotions, with the rider involved with the car ".

But Wester doesn't stop and continues to talk about the Snake. According to him, the alpha, in the next five years will have a price list for hybrid powertrains for its models, and confirms: "having regard to the rules on carbon dioxide emissions and consumption, in Europe as in America, there is an alternative: I think after the 2020 a good 40% of the high-end cars will, force game, hybrid".

As for today, while the waiting rooms for the debut of the new Giulia (fixed for next June 24), the manager of Alpha one rejoices in the sales results of 4 c (spider version debuts in the European version in Geneva), and says: "who's going today to reserve one feels respond that the delivery is scheduled for the third quarter of 2016. And I think rightly so, for cars of this kind it is critical that the application remains greater than the supply, although in the coming months the production capacity is set to rise: at the moment we produce 12-13 cars per day, we will get to a maximum of 15-16, for a total volume of 3300-3500 cars per year. That will be two-thirds and one-third Coupe spider. Moreover, the production of 4 c technology is practicable only for quantities contained, no more than a few thousand "units.

In conclusion, Wester shows his confidence and his optimism on the big revival of Alfa Romeo: "Maserati's success can be replicated on a larger scale with alpha. We have the resources, skills and ingredients. The prestige of the brand, we're working on the product and we have a global distribution "

He does again say 3300/3500 4C units per year. I am pretty sure production will continue for many years, but as new updated models.

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  22. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    So the new Giulia (fixed for next June 24) is June 2015 or June 2016 debut? I was thinking it was 2015 for summer delivery 2016.

23. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Debut is 24th of june 2015, my gues is first deliveries in Europe by the end of 2015, North America spring 2016.

24. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #24 4th_gear, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Interesting North American stats. How many 4C coupes were allocated to NA? I assume the sales figures should only include title taken on cars by private individuals or are sales pending delivery included? Would cars ordered but not yet delivered not show in these stats?

The (now 49) cars shown on CARS.COM with the exception of 2 cars (in VW and AUDI dealers) all appear to be in some sort of Maserati-FIAT-Dodge-Chrysler dealer. The VW and AUDI cars are probably trade-ins and each have less than 70 miles on their odometers. I suspect buyer remorse situations, perhaps Christmas presents gone wrong, cars being way too loud (compared to VW and AUDI trades).

I also notice a lot of the dealers holding 4Cs are in not cold Winter areas with their cars priced above MSRP. Slow sales for fair weather cars are probably not surprising in those locations and how well the car is doing would depend partly on how they compare to similar cars in the same locales. Some of the MSRP priced cars are actually in FL and 15 cars are not priced at all.

It would also depend on where all the NA Alfa dealers are located. Are these dealers still holding cars because they are in slow locations? Are the launch editions overpriced? Here in Ontario, CANADA the dealers do not hold any display or demo cars in stock and the (Alfa Romeo/Maserati) salesman in my area said non-launch edition coupes are still available and they have started taking spider orders.

Anybody else have opinions or information?

25. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I had a look at the comparison stats, "Sporty Car Sales In Canada - January 2015" link.

Best-selling car in their category was the Hyundai Veloster (294), followed by the BMW 4er(222) and Mini Cooper (183); none of which are really comparable IMO. I think the F-Type(12) Boxter(10), Cayman(8) and Z4(4) are closer to the 4C(6) in price point and appeal.