Bitz-so-Sleazy, I mean Bizzarrini race car | FerrariChat

Bitz-so-Sleazy, I mean Bizzarrini race car

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Dec 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Technically this was entered at Sebring as an Iso Grifo A3/C. Fascinating story, with period faded color pictures at this site

Wanted ? One Lost Iso Grifo A3/C Bizzarrini Race Car

This is the car crashed that Max Balchowsky tried to weld together into one car. I thought he had succeeded, but apparently he sold it undone. My somewhat silly question is, what SN do you use? That of the front half or that of the back half? Or does it go to the car that has more than 51% of its length?

I saw a white Bizzarrini A3C Corsa in a collection in Torrance near the airport but I don't think that's the same car. I also saw a fastback Bizzarrini Corsa on a used car lot on Sunset Strip around '70-72. That was red. The rear window did not wrap around the sides but was flat like a 250GTO. That's a pretty old sighting, too old to be useful.

That website has about 75% content on Bizzarrinis and Iso Grifos. Ironically in one shot where the Iso Grifo Corsa is being towed by a '55 Chevy that is probably one of the few instances in racing where the engine of the tow car and the engine of the race car are the same basic engine...still miss my '55 Chev

2. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Why don't you troll in some other pond