Alfa 4c spider pics | FerrariChat

Alfa 4c spider pics

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Dec 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #1 TheMayor, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Epic.

The car may not be as dynamically compelling as the competition, but oh my is that car gorgeous.

The emotional appeal of this car is beyond anything else for sale.

I want.

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Good looking car. I wonder how good it would look as a real spider without the targa roof.

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Very nice 👍

5. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Anyone actually driven a 4C? How did you like it?

6. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Irving TX
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I hope they make it a targa

7. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I own a Launch Edition and it's a lot of fun. Quite a raw driving experience if you put it into Dynamic or Race modes and it tends to follow cambers and tramlines in the road surface so you have to concentrate much more than in many other modern sports cars but that is what makes it enjoyable for me. Build quality is good and I like the spartan nature of the cabin as it reminds me of the functional look of the 430 Scuderia I had.

8. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    First one I've seen in yellow. Love it!

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's about 4 or 5 guys in the US on the 4C forum who are posting they own them. General feedback has been good but it is what it is. It's pretty raw. If you don't like raw, you won't like this car.

Its early but so far no major breakdowns

I am trying to order one but the Alfa USA dealers are complete idiots.

I would get a coupe and then trade for a spider.

10. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The mounting points make it look like a targa, which is great.

11. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    The 1750 engine and TCT gearbox are fairly well proven in the Giulietta on this side of the Atlantic so the car should be fairly robust. There isn't much technology on it to go wrong other than the tft instrument panel. Cooling seems to be something they must regard as a potential issue in some of the hotter US states as they've added additional air intake vents on North American market cars.

12. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #13 isuk, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The spider is a targa. The roof panel stows in the trunk and can be seen folded up in this pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    That looks very nice. Should do very well here.

14. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  15. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    #16 JBsZ06, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    I prefer the styling of the coupe over the targa with the black roof on...

I would have preferred a body colored targa over what we are seeing here (although storage would have been impossible) The roll up canvas top reminds me of my turbocharged lancia scorpion roof except that one hid in the targa bar...it worked well although the side roof rails did detract from the open air driving experience that we see with the alfa 4c.

I'm sure the targa will be the eventual better seller....than the coupe...open air driving experiences are just so much fun...

I do agree with the earlier poster on the subject of what's happening with American distribution and that it is ridiculous...

Hopefully as the American Alfa lineup expands it will be easier to find a local dealer. The fact that I live in Bergen county NJ and have to travel so far to even find an alfa dealer is ridiculous. Alfa should be paired with the Ramsey nj fiat or Maserati dealer on route 17...

Why alfa is not available at either site is ridiculous. (Sorry for the off topic rant)

I'm an alfisti dating back to the early sixties as a kid when my dad was an alfa spider owner staring with the 1300, then 1600 duet to and then the 1750....

Thanks for posting the video.

16. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've always loved those. I had a new Beta coupe back in the day.

Hope to see your example at one of the events here in N. NJ sometime?

A Cars & Coffee/Croissants or Le Belle Macchine perhaps?

I think the spider sells better too. It will be popular with the generic buyer for a while like the Audi TT was.

17. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    One reason why there are currently only a few US dealerships is undoubtedly the lack of product to sell through them. The choice of dealers seems to be a source of frustration for some US buyers but with no model range to sell at present it was always going to be tough to get dealers interested in investing in a brand with a low volume car like the 4C as the numbers being built are tiny.

If it's any consolation Fiat have made a complete hash of managing Alfa Romeo on this side of the Atlantic ever since they bought them in the late 80's. They relied upon platform sharing with other Fiat group models throughout the 90's and then more recently with GM products (Alfa 159). They currently only have 2 small hatchback models in production, the MiTo and Giulietta, which is far too small a product offering and their sales have nose dived as a result. Dealers here were promised a raft of new models in order to get them to invest in showroom refits etc but those cars simply never materialised and many have opted to give up the franchise as it is simply uneconomic to continue with.

Let's hope Alfa are finally on the brink of getting their act together with next year's new Giulia sedan and the wave of models supposedly following behind it.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    A video of the commercial shoot has shown up. IMO, its a modern interpretation of the 246 Dino GTS. Expensive but not crazy using off the shelf parts to keep costs down. Small, nimble, light, simple, and beautiful with a lot of passion and soul.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nEg_Jaz-Ak[/ame]

19. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Think it looks better as a coupe, but then I feel that way about the C7 as well. Checked out the 4C at Alfredos in Larchmont last wknd. Sweet little car, was a LE at I believe $72k. I'll wait for the standard SE's to show up.

20. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    nice!

I prefer the styling of the coupe, but I do love the idea of a targa.. I wonder if it will come with a "hard" targa roof as well, which I imagine can't be stowed in the car.

21. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Indeed! Throw in a little "sex" and you've got their new marketing campaign...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkmfVsWunJ0[/ame]

22. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
  23. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name: