VERY SPECIAL Early SCUDERIA FERRARI car! | FerrariChat

VERY SPECIAL Early SCUDERIA FERRARI car!

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Dreambrother, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dreambrother

Dreambrother Formula Junior

May 14, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I filmed this Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 A during the Mille Miglia 2014 Edition. I felt honored to see this car from that up close. Enjoy!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37V2VZDHQyA[/ame]

Regards!
    Walter

2. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Thanks Walter, that is Frans van Harens car which is (was?) known as 412003 but was covered in detail by Simon Moore and revealed to be built from an entirely different 8C2900B, possibly 412042? A fabulous car that's for sure and one of the first Scuderia Ferrari racers, one of these won the Mille Miglia in 1936 & another in 1937.
    Very evocative.

3. Dreambrother

May 14, 2011
    Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your reply? Could you elaborate a bit more on this? Do you mean this is not a truly original car or has this car been assembled by two cars who have a Scuderia Ferrari history?

Thanks!
    Walter

4. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Aparently (and I could be wrong) this particular car is created from original 8C2900B parts that would have worn a grand touring style body (coupe or roadster) and were in fairly rough state. The car was in south america from the late 1930s until the 1960s or 1970s when it was rebuilt by one of the usual South American collectors, fortunately before the replica era, so its fairly safe to assume its real but not a real Type A 2.9, the only original Botticela Type A is #412004 which used to be owned by the Grists and may possibly be in German ownership. All of the others were rebodied ala Simon Moores old car 412007, Lawrence Auriana's 412012 and the two in the Schlumpf collection. There may be more but my understanding is that selling an old racing car is hard but gussying it up a bit and calling it a new car is easy peasy.....

5. Dreambrother

May 14, 2011
    Thanks for your reply. Quite frustrating to see the stories of so many cars hampered by time. For the time being I'll dream on that this car really once was raced by the Scuderia Ferrari. And isn't it true that non original cars aren't allowed during the Mille Miglia?

Have a great day!
    Walter