Hank Carlini Pantera--is it modified enough to be a Speciale? | FerrariChat

Hank Carlini Pantera--is it modified enough to be a Speciale?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I know Ferrari Speciales pictured in FChat have bodywork quite a bit different than the stock model (say Drogo GTO) but when I read about this Pantera built for Hank Carlini , right hand man of Lee iacocca during Ford's importation of Panteras, I don't see enough changes from stock to call it a Speciale. True it was a GTS before the factory made the GTS so maybe it could be called a GTS prototype, On the web site whereI found it, since lost, somebody named Adam was selling it for $65,000 and then later on the page said it was sold. Seems like a good deal to me looking back from 2014 viewpoint (though I think his sales announcement was as recent as 2013) but then again I think the long range value of this car comes down to how future historians look at it:

1.)factory prototype

or

2.executive's custom

Does anyone know how Adam got the car? I know Carlini and Shelby imported four Panteras but that was later when Iacocca had moved to Chrysler

2. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Wally, perhaps the folks on the PI forum have an answer. Adam posted last there in August2014. You send him a private message via his profile. He has posted a long description of the car and links to a ton of pics.

One definite Speciale is the 'Delarossa' Pantera it was fully restored and sold last year. Unfortuanelly the marketing of this one-off factory special was not succesfull and it sold at the price of any regular Pantera.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I failed to get in touch with Don Delarossa when he was at some studio called Pacifica, I could have found out what made his car so special. Where was it sold? out of a classified or an auction? What did it sell for? If you had the Carlini Pantera and Delarossa pantera side by side, which car had the most money in it as far as building costs? I'm afraid these special cars go for the price of a custom if sellers don't provide a lot of documentation to establish their specialness,