New Alfa Rome Giulia Pic's leaked | FerrariChat

New Alfa Rome Giulia Pic's leaked

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by lineaTesoro, Jun 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    510 hp?!
    It sounds fantastic.

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Looks pretty good too - a little Taurus to me, but I like it.

My daughter will get a kick out of it!

3. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    #5 RHS, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Hi,

Wow, looks great, but more Suzuki Kizashi than Taurus. Actually, on closer look, more Lexus IS 250. In any case, it pushes all the right buttons for me. I hope that it has the sound to match the 510 HP.

Regards,

Ramin

4. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    The range-topping Alfa Romeo Giulia has been officially unveiled.

Introduced at the Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese, Italy, the Italian automaker marked its 105th anniversary, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by showing off an all-new model. The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia is quite a bit different from the 4C sports car available in the U.S., sporting four doors and a more traditional midsize sedan body.

For Alfa Romeo, there were two key elements the Giulia had to embody during its development: a 50/50 weight balance and rear-wheel drive. According to the Italian automaker, the Giulia has very short overhangs, a long hood and front wings in order to arrange the engine and mechanical parts between the two axles, helping give it the perfect weight balance.

As a result, the Alfa Romeo Giulia actually has the longest wheelbase in its class, but it’s all packed into a compact body.

But what everyone is excited about is the fact that the Giulia will come equipped with a Ferrari-prepped, six-cylinder engine churning 510 hp. Capable of accelerating to 62 mph from a standstill in 3.9 seconds, the Alfa Romeo Giulia will set its sights at the BMW M3 and Audi RS4 models as a high-performance sedan with robust handling capabilities. In addition to the powerplant, the Giulia is outfitted with Torque Vectoring and a double-clutch transmission, allowing the rear differential to control the torque delivery to each wheel separately.

SEE ALSO: Alfa Romeo Prepares Product Onslaught in Revival Plans

Keeping things simple in the cabin, the Giulia’s interior features a steering wheel similar to one you’d see on a Formula 1 car, where the car’s main controls are incorporated on the wheel. The human-machine interface consists of just two simple, user-friendly knobs for adjusting the Alfa DNA selector (driving mode) and the infotainment system.

Although the official weight wasn’t announced, Alfa Romeo is bragging that the Giulia has “an excellent power-to-weight ratio (remarkably lower than 3 kg/hp).” Carbon fiber can be found on the sedan’s propeller shaft, hood and roof, while aluminum was used for the engine, brakes, suspension, doors and wings. Even the rear crossmember has been manufactured from aluminum composite and plastic.

The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia is expected to arrive U.S. dealerships late next year and we’ll get an up close look at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September.

5. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Was hoping for more specific info such as prices or different trim models since this is the higher performance cloverleaf version, but it's better than nothing, and now we'll see how quickly it gets delayed again!

6. alfalover

alfalover Karting

Jun 13, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Sounds amazing in the video. With over 500 horse and lighter than an M3 I am sure this is a big winner for Alfa Romeo.