New Italian car, er, Chinese car designed in Italy | FerrariChat

New Italian car, er, Chinese car designed in Italy

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Aug 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    but there is no niche on FChat for Chinese cars so I filed this tidbit on the Icona Vulcano under Italian. I consider it but a blatant copy of the F12 berlinetta, but hey, it's just a showpiece for Italian design capability, the Italians saying in effect to the Chinese: "You tell us what'cha want, we'll build a prototype." It is supposed to be displayed at Pebble. Best thing about it is the Corvette engine. Kind of reminds me of the original goal of Iso of Bresso, to make Italian cars with Corvette engines (but maybe this time built in China?) Anyhow if anyone knows where the roll-out party is, let us know-- will we have Chinese or Italian food? Or how about Chinese food and Italian wine?

2. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Well, the engine pic above appears to have a few more cylinders and camshafts than a Corvette.. looks interesting.

I kind of like how that thing looks.. wow!!!

3. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    #4 velocetwo, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Looked these guys up. A group of Italian designers focusing on the Chinese auto industry. Does anyone know if any of their designs have reached mass production (Chinese or otherwise?).

Regards,

Ramin