LaForza | FerrariChat

LaForza

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bundas, Sep 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #1 bundas, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. dmj

dmj Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2012
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Full Name:
    Dino Milic-Jakovlic
    Congratulations. I didn't care much about those but after pleasant conversation with Mr. Tom Tjaarda earlier this year I understood the logic behind it and became a fan.

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Penned this. Thanks. I did not know. Had the car towed to a shop. Drivers door would not unlock. Solved, bent rod. Now for a full lub. And oil/filter service. Next interior. Headliner looks like drapes.😄

4. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Congrats!

Terrific truck and you will enjoy it.

I have a factory supercharged 5.0 HO model...silver/black.

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Another owner.

6. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #6 Jalpa_Mike, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I really enjoyed mine! It was great to have one before SUV's were all the rage. I couldn't take it anywhere without someone asking "what is it, how much, etc.."

In the 4 years we owned ours, the only 2 real issues I had were "weld" related.

One instance a weld joint on the bracket holding the radiator broke and caused the radiator to fall back against the fan.

The second was the weld broke on the driver seat. i was sitting at a stop light, the light turned green, I hit the gas and seat went backwards!

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Mike that is funny. Thanks

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    got a list of stuff to get done. LH front axle shaft. four boots, radiator, brake pads, water pump, exhaust system. I ask the shop to check all gear boxes. but no. his way or the highway. crap. so I still do not know the condition of any gear boxes or motor are ok.

9. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Is that one of those Star Wars cars? May LaForza be with you.

10. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Mitchell,

One other item to check are the bolts holding the steering rack in place. One of mine was really loose (if memory serves me correct, it was the bolt that held the rack to the frame). I crawled under the rig when I got home and the bolt nearly came off in my hand!!! I put some locktight on it and retorqued it. Never had an issue after that.

Mike

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    My car is at a shop that I now find out. The consider this beneath their level to work on. Spoils people. This entire nation. Damn shame. Quote, ' we only use new parts '. Hello😡 I told them to go to the local ford dealer and buy what they need then call me if they cannot get a front axle shaft. Real dumb asses

12. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #12 Jalpa_Mike, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    No kidding!!!!

My gosh, the engine is a Ford 5.0 litre, the transmission is an AOD from the Ford Bronco and the Transfer case is from the Jeep Grand Wagoneer! How much more original do they want the parts to be????

Lots of the suspension components are from Iveco (shocks, bushes, bearings, brakes and more).

Mike

13. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    One other thing that might help in your search for parts, info, etc..

Back in the late 90's when I owned mine, a place in California called "Monster Miata" was ground zero for all things Laforza. They had loads of the older '89-'90 chassis and built newer models in the late-90's with a stronger engine (usually with a Kenny Bell Supercharger). They had parts, manuals, cross reference susgestions, etc.

I'm not sure what their involvement is today, nor if they still have anything to do with Laforza.

Here is their website:
    http://monstermiata.webs.com

Mike

14. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I have a spare car I have been robbing and a Calif. man that is doing ok LaForzamz.com

15. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I sent an email to the source you suggested, thanks. the parts I needed came in today. $38 for the front axle. cheap for air . insure hope the smart ass shop man goes ahead and installs it. the radiator will not be ready until Wed. evening. I ask the shop to check all the gear boxes first. they have not touched them. so I still do not know the drive train condition. not happy with this shop but they all seem to do the same thing and have the same attitude. they have it to easy.

16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    have I been posting about this car. I call today and find out that the shop did not start working on it until today. damn them. and dumb me flew the parts in so mi would not tie up their shop. last job he gets

17. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Wow, sounds like a real top notch shop! LOL!!!

By the way, did you ever find out if Monster Miata still dows work with Laforza?

Mike

18. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    car still at the same shop. last night I decided to pull it out if then were not working on it. lucky them. fan motor was coming out. this is the last piece to fix unless another problem crops up. just maybe this week.

19. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    How is the Laforza coming along otherwise?

I had a starter solenoid die last month...only lasted 26 yrs!

New one from Autozone was $19 and it took 20 mins to install. I just found a set of factory side steps and a front brush guard.

LSJ

20. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    at the same shop. dash apart. fan motor out. they claim they cannot find one. i told the guy to take the other car apart and get a match for that motor since i picked it up at a local parts store. running out of tolerance for this guy.

21. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    the car I moved to another shop is now running. they will go through the entire car and make sure all is working proper. the other car is waiting on a blower motor, still waiting. I sent a spare off to see if I can get a match. no one seems to want to rebuild these things

22. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Mitchell:

Have you seen this? I was poking around on the internet and stumbled on this..... Not sure exactly what this place is, but looks like they might have bought all the remaining Laforza parts inventory. Its all hard to find stuff like body panels, interior pieces, etc.

I wonder if they sell individual parts? Or, if they want to sell the whole inventory for the $600k price tag...

LAFORZA PARTS & IVECO

Mike

23. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I saw that today for the first time. Could be a scam or someone with a mental illness. The price they posted for what they had did not make any sense.

24. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Somebody has to have the inventory somewhere. I'm sure Monster Miata knows.

The "Laforza Land" website hasn't been updated in ages. Not sure if the e-mail contact info is valid anymore.

It was so nice back in the 90's when I owned mine... I just picked up the phone and called Monster Miata and bought a Laforza workshop manual from them and anytime I needed parts, they had them on the shelf and were sent out promptly.

Mike

25. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    laforzamz answered the phone. part time business is always a challenge. he is sending my blower motor and a key switch that I ordered two weeks ago. that will finish the all known issues. serious progress. as the other one is now running.