Pantera question on value | FerrariChat

Pantera question on value

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Oengus, Nov 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

ZF tranny
    matching numbers
    yellow on black
    car is 100% original other than paint
    40k original miles

whats your thoughts

2. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What type of condition is the car in? Color change? Rust?

3. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Chas, here is a link to a great Pantera. The owner is a member on this forum as well. He has recently sold it. He was asking $89,500 for the car. I don't what the car sold for but I would use this as a starting guide. This car is pristine.

1974 much-coveted 2-owner mint Pantera #7059 for Sale - Topic

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

#4 Oengus, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I would guesstimate 60-75K depending on mileage.

6. Mark Charlton

Mark Charlton Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Ottawa, ON
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Chas,

I think Jim is correct (perhaps low?) on valuation. Unfortunately there are wild swings in valuations for apparently equivalent cars. I know of several nice cars selling privately (and very quickly) in the low $50K range and several at auction for well over $100K.

When a car is purported to be 100% original, and looks anything other than a barn-find, I am a bit surprised. Depending on where the car is located, there are a number of trustworthy people who could assist in an inspection. Alternately, a LOT can be gleaned from a gallery of good high-resolution images. I'm happy to help you if you want where I can. Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Mark

7. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Thanks Jimmy, that was my car and indeed it was/is a great one. Brought full asking price in about a week. I tend to prefer something to happen after a decision is made, so was probably a bit light on the price.

Please know that though a Pantera is a good bit more user friendly and easier to service than the typical Ferrari, you can still eat up some dough getting them right. I had $30k in 'stuff' done to my car without venturing far into mods, only to correct what age and time can do to a car. Only a small amount spent to improve some factory shortcomings (AC, cooling, small electrical, suspension geometry adjustments, etc. Not even close to what some armchair experts 'claim' is wrong with Panteras. That is myth.)

Anyway, Mark Charlton knows this market extremely well, so that's a good offer to share some additional info with him. You'd be supremely wise to get an expert involved now. ALL Italian cars of that era can hide a surprising amount of evils if you're not careful.

Best wishes to you!