Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > Other Italian

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 09:25 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Baracca View Post
I know of one white Giulia in Harrison, a Q4, and the twin to my car in Greenwich CT.
otherwise I have not seen another Giulia much less a Quad since I got my car in December.
Thanks, I want both Alfa and jaguar to succeed.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 10:35 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Sean
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2
Old 06-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew Menasce
Sad. But cant say i am surprised.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:24 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

is anyone surprised? coming to market with sedan prior to suv was ridiculous. only way they had a chance was to start with 4c and stelvio at same time. and have all the info ready from the start. not the silly 'well have them in stock soon' bs. AND forget the dealer markup premiums.

having said that im still interested in a stelvio qf to replace my rr next yr IF i can lease it for a competitive rate vs macan, f pace, etc
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew Menasce
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95spiderman View Post
is anyone surprised? coming to market with sedan prior to suv was ridiculous. only way they had a chance was to start with 4c and stelvio at same time. and have all the info ready from the start. not the silly 'well have them in stock soon' bs. AND forget the dealer markup premiums.

having said that im still interested in a stelvio qf to replace my rr next yr IF i can lease it for a competitive rate vs macan, f pace, etc
Wait...they have a premium??? For which model??
Old 06-19-2017, 12:58 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Juan Sánchez Villa-L
there is a guy in my parking garage that bought the badass version.....

he has been driving a loaner for the past couple weeks........
Old 06-19-2017, 01:34 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

dealers wanted over list for a qf when 1st came out. not sure about now
Old 06-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Quick Draw
There is no premium. If you're in California, they are offering $3,500 in conquest cash. $2,750 if not in California.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:42 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

discounting qf's? not the way it was here in December. but 1st impressions are most important for dealership and I'm already negative on them
Old 06-19-2017, 03:08 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Sean
Problem starts with their launch. Its nto as though they didnt have years to prepare. tehn its ther whole delaer network and ecperince.

lastly you can eitehr get a low pwer verison or a very high power version. Whats missing is the 350hp with a stick version.

the Stelvio will imporve sales, but they still have their dealer issues, the reliability reputation issues./ In the end, besides a few entusiasts, most people dont know crap about cars, so why would they buy an Alfa over a BMW.

Lets not forget sergios other filly, the maserati levante, have they sold any of these dogs at all?
Old 06-19-2017, 03:40 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerman View Post
Problem starts with their launch. Its nto as though they didnt have years to prepare. tehn its ther whole delaer network and ecperince.

lastly you can eitehr get a low pwer verison or a very high power version. Whats missing is the 350hp with a stick version.

the Stelvio will imporve sales, but they still have their dealer issues, the reliability reputation issues./ In the end, besides a few entusiasts, most people dont know crap about cars, so why would they buy an Alfa over a BMW.

Lets not forget sergios other filly, the maserati levante, have they sold any of these dogs at all?

Levante sales commensurate with the Giulia according to numbers posted by Nigel (NEP), roughly 2,200 through May.

Maserati Levante

Have only seen one Giulia in the wild. It likely wouldn't fave caught my attention if not for the unusual front grill.

T
Old 06-19-2017, 04:18 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Kenny
A neighbor seems to have just picked up a black on red Q4 - and it looks great. The exterior is better looking than my 335i xdrive, IMO, but the interior doesn't seem to be on par. I still haven't seen one driving though.

I did see my first Kubang on the road in NYC last week. Not for me.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 04:48 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerman View Post

JalopCRAP

"no one"?

What baloney!

I have driven the Ti back to back against an equivalent 3 series. Its a superior car all the way around. Its faster, better handling, more sporty, had an awesome hide away TFT screen, and a better exhaust note. And at least in the Alfa you get real leather instead of whatever fancy name BWM calls vinyl.

The problem is -- you have to really want the Alfa because dealers are more rare, the brand has had checkered reliability in the past, resale values WILL be lower, and lease rates for that reason are higher.

You might love the Guilia but buy the 3 series because it does the job and that's all you want.

It's going to be a slow build for Alfa. Just making a better sports sedan isn't enough to make the world run to it's feet. And Japolcrap knows it.

If it has one flaw, I wish it were prettier. Alfa's are supposed to be pretty. This one isn't bad looking but it's just not pretty enough. You can't believe the compliments I get from people on the 4c, even 2 years after buying it. THAT car is "pretty".

Last edited by TheMayor; 06-19-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
Have seen 4 TI's out in the wild, 2 black, 1 red and 1 white...they look pretty dam good to me and are different enough to stand out from your typical A4 or 3 series. People on Jalopnick bagging on the 4cyl version but it does 5 second 0-60, pretty much beats everything else in its class. Handling and steering have tested #1 among its peers. Not sure what the hell everyone expects. Its a dam good car right out of the gate, maybe the best in its class.

Dealer network of course leaves much to be desired and Im not sure what the solution is here if there is one. Most choose to play it safe and the sales #'s prove that out. Will be interesting down the road.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: SB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95spiderman View Post
discounting qf's? not the way it was here in December. but 1st impressions are most important for dealership and I'm already negative on them
really dealer dependent and frankly like any "new" hot car...there will be dealers looking to profit from the hype..there are ****ty BMW, MERC and yes even Ferrari dealers that try to do that...
I got mine in Dec. 2016 and paid MSRP....I know of 1 dealer in the area that was looking for a premium and the car sat for a bit, think it finally sold...friend of mine in Boston got 3500 OFF his Quad in January/February...
the biggest issue is just getting them right now (Quad), they are not being produced like an M or AMG counterpart.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:08 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jes
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
You can't believe the compliments I get from people on the 4c, even 2 years after buying it. THAT car is "pretty".
Same here. I had a guy in a Ferrari California pull up next to me to ask what my 4c is - he loved the looks, the sound, and is looking for something different to replace the California...

I sat in a Giulia QV and felt it was entirely on par with my wife's 2015 BMW 328d wagon in terms of interior quality and feel.

But the Alfa dealerships seem to leave a lot to be desired - feels like they are selling Dodge compacts and not a $90k Italian sedan, which in many cases they are, I guess.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Had my GranTurismo ino for annual service the other day and stopped in on the Alfa side. They had 3 QF's on the showroom floor and about 15 or so TI's out on the lot. Man the QF is nice looking in person.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Davide Giuseppe F.
First and foremost, the Giulia outsold the Jaguar XE in April and May. That's considering the dealership network is nowhere near where it should be yet, that will take time. There was a deliberate decision by corporate to slow down the rollout of models in North America in order for dealers to be able to accomodate clients when the Stelvio would come in.

Most dealers are not even up and running here in Canada and I have seen a few Giulias here and there. This project will take time, dooming it a failure is just nonsense.

The Giulia has been outselling Jag, Volvo and all the Japanese in Europe based only on sedan sales.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:54 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Paul
Saw a silver base Giulia near my house this morning; hard to mistake it coming at you with that grille...
Old 06-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

While the first Giulias (Q) hit some dealerships just before the new year. The base and Ti models in volume really didn't arrive until late January and into February. So the monthly sales should be averaged over 4 1/2 to 5 months not 6 by the end of June.
Non-Sponsor Ads