GM's Fidia: anybody remember what they sold it for? | FerrariChat

GM's Fidia: anybody remember what they sold it for?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The Fidia is a four door Iso, some had Chevy V8; others had Ford. Designed by Giugiaro and I think he reused the shape a bit in a jag show car (Kensington) and maybe in a Lexus later on. Anyway I came across a rreference to John Lennon owning one at one time, which ups the status potential (especially if it is his car)

but also on this website story

1968 ISO Fidia S4 (S4, Iso Rivolta S4, Rivolta Fidia, S-4) - Conceptcarz

they tell of one that was bought by GM and used by DeLorean, Duntov and other resident gearheads for evaluation. I am surprised DeLorean didn't scheme a way to buy Iso out; he should have,they were cruisin' for a bruisin.' Anyway I was wondering if any former GM designers remember what they sold it for? I know they owned a DeTomaso Mangusta they sold to any employee that bid the highest and Dick Ruzzin, former design exec. won that won for under 10K.
    This one is a '68. Can't tell if the pictures were taken in the US or UK. I knew someone who owned one, a Ferrari Clubber, Dan Ward. His was dark blue, nice shape, don't know what happened to that either. I'm not in the market-- just trying to find a good story of when one went cheep

2. dmj

dmj Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2012
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Full Name:
    Dino Milic-Jakovlic
    John Lennon's Fidia is well-known and I believe it is still in the UK. Also I seem to remember that Pete Townshend of The Who might have one, too.

And talking about Jaguar Kensington, don't forget that basically the same design lived on in Korea as well, as Daewoo Leganza.

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Allow me to help. The 8th photo (last one) shows the awning on the building. I zoomed in and make a guess then looked for the logo. Those photos were taken at Glenmoor in northern Ohio.