White Lightning | FerrariChat

White Lightning

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by 360Tom, Jan 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #1 360Tom, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After the last couple of years yearning for a new car. The itch had grown to finally do it. After reading review after review, going back and forth between a Cayman S or an Alfa Romeo 4C.

I am fully aware of the refinement the Cayman has over the 4C as far as the interior goes, but not by much. Each are different in their own right in terms of luxury. However the 4C does have more plastic looking parts.

As far as the performance goes, both are on par with one another. However, this is where the 4C executes that a little more in an exciting way. It is definitely more raw and loud. It's not quite as smooth as the Cayman but I'm sure that's due to the lack of power steering.

That is another exciting feature of the 4C, the steering feel and feedback. Yes, it darts around the road a little but nothing like some of the reviews I've read.
    And how can you not get excited about the use of carbon fiber everywhere around the cabin.

After getting a call from a friend whom happened to work at a dealership which just took one in. I headed up and checked out a Pearl white couple with 1100 miles on it.
    After a quick drive I was hooked. Not just on how well the car performed but how beautiful it is in the flesh. It was so damn sexy staring back at me, I had to do it. I said yes, and now I've got this beauty in my drive way.

Pearl White, red leather seats, carbon package, track package and a few Pogea parts and exhaust.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Congratulations and welcome to the Alfa family!

A well balanced and perspective review, comparing both cars is also nice to read.

Alfa Romeo, once you drive one, you can't the virus out of your system!

3. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    She's gorgeous, now we need more pics. And driving impressions. Cayman has more modern creature comforts and technology, but I don't see either as a DD so the driving character and sound are far more important. Curious ... The fender badge, the quadrifolio verde logo ... Is that aftermarket? I don't recall that being an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    I have to say, I wasn't a huge fan of the looks. It seems a bit squished to me. But! It is starting to grow on me, which has me worried...

Congrats by the way!

5. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Congrats. Photos do not do justice to these cars. Welcome to the 4c family.

6. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Well done you!
    And yes, please give us updates of your ownership experiences - pics and driving impressions, even longer term livability… love to get your thoughts.

I saw one in the flesh a couple months ago, and agree photos don't do it justice. I've kept in touch w/the owner and he's promised me a ride come spring time…. :))
    - Art

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Awesome! Love white with red
    enjoy

8. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So far, the couple hundred miles I've driven have been amazing. It does sit much lower than my 360 with CS settings. I'm still blown away at all the carbon fiber and how much boost the turbo has.

I took a little drive to Malibu today. The car has no body roll what so ever. The turn in feels amazing, middle of the turn you feel the lack of power steering a bit, but the exit is really well poised and planted.

It really is a very exciting car to drive. Quick and sexy.

9. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As far as character, it's like feels like a race car. The sounds is quite amazing for a 1.7L.
    It reminds me of a rally car that's always on boost. It's very animated and wild. The slightest blip of the throttle and almost instantly the instrument cluster turns yellow signalling a shift.

The shifts are insanely fast. In Dynamic mode, there is a major difference on throttle response and behavior in the suspension. With each shift there is a nice bark from the exhaust. I've yet to try race mode. I plan on getting it to the track soon.

The badge fenders were on the car when I picked it up. I'm pulling them off soon.....

10. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I think I saw you cruise through the parking lot at Bob's tonight. Guess you didn't find a spot.

11. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nope, it was too packed. They had a pretty good turn out last night

12. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Yeah I was lucky & got a spot right when I pulled in. I still want to check out your car sometime.