Alfa Giulia in 2017? | FerrariChat

Alfa Giulia in 2017?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by stardoc, Aug 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Has anyone been able to build one out? They are talking about Nov. deliveries but how can that be possible when you can't even look at options on the web site?

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LOL!!!!!!

Welcome to Alfa world!

You can talk to a dealer but my guess is you will not be able to order one for sometime. It was the same with the Alfa 4c. Dealers don't want to do it and Alfa USA actually tells dealers don't do it.

What you can do is talk to a dealer and see if he will get you one from his list that is close.

But, what I think you will find is most dealers haven't got a clue. In fact, most likely they will try to sell you a Fiat instead of waiting. And if you ask them questions, 9 chances out of 10 you will know more than the sales people do about the car and when it is coming.

Alfa is probably the lowest of the totem pole when it comes to Fiat Chrysler's priorities and organization. It's their weakest link and I don't expect much

But you can try. Walk into a dealer and see if they will listen at all.

3. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I've talked to the dealer and they give sketchy answers. They also promised they'd sell all initial allocations at above MSRP. Ok whatever...just the like the first Ghiblis which were sold above MSRP but a year later got discounted by 25%.

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

this car promises to dance all over a ghibli...but who cares if you can't get one? :)

5. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    First cars will be launch edition Quattrofolios only. All cars the same except color, dealers will get what they are shipped. Should be in around the end of the year. Nov./Dec. Volume production will be in the spring, built to order.

6. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
  7. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #7 markmoon, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    I have a patient/friend who let's just say is one of the most influential men in American Motorsports, owns several storied race tracks and racing series, etc. He is waiting for his Giulia. He already has a 4C ( which prompted my interest). Even he has no idea when to expect his car. At least Alfa is consistent, I guess.

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I doubt I will be waiting for this car. all I read just pisses me off more.

9. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I left a deposit on one in June of 2015 (what can I say I was optimistic) while there has been lots of internet chatter the reality is that only Alfa knows when they will release the car here.
    there are QV's roaming around Europe, the UK order board is open as of Sept. only they will get the manual in the first batch..supposedly.
    in North America I was told that the first batch will be launch cars, all manuals. dealers will be given VINs for there allocation and then they can offer them up to clients...
    pricing...well if dealers plan on slamming buyers with ridiculous mark-ups...it might just backfire on them in the end....only time will tell

10. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I thought that Europe was only getting the auto?

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh and you have to take the colors they get. i want silver and will wait until i can get it. same dealer as you i wld think.

12. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    Sounds like you might be waiting a long time. The number of silver Quadrifoglios built so far, globally, is in the single digits. Also, all the Quadrifoglios built for the US launch stock so far are automatics.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the best things come to those who wait!

14. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I'll wait an extra 6 months after launch and buy one at a discount instead of a $10k markup. Also, you'd think by the time the car is in mainstream production it's already outdated since it was designed for a 2015 launch.

15. Luxb1

Luxb1 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 17, 2016
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    J. Konrad
    The car looks dated already. The old 156 is cleaner and sharper.

16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #16 F1tommy, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    I agree, it does look dated. Plus the designed in 1996 156 was the car everybody copied, the Giulia is a BMW/Merc clone(I have come to expect this from all FIAT cars now). What is not dated on the Giulia is the motor and chassis. It will put the Germans in their place:)

According to Macgeek they started rolling North America Giulia 6C 8 speed auto's off the line 2 1/2 weeks ago. It takes 2.5 to 3 months from production line to dealer floors on average so look for them in December. Only the expensive 6C Turbo version is in production for N.A. at this point.

17. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    They also started making a few launch 280hp Giulias late last week. Not many of those so far, though. Maybe they'll ramp them up this week.

18. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Saw one in person today

The front is as flat as a board

Grill looks like it was baked in a Suzie home maker oven very plastic looking

Front looks better than the rear

sort of a big glob

interior average

it lacks a clean sharp look like the BMW's

Maybe this look worked on the C4 but it doesn't translate to a big 4 door.

Not feeling it