Alfa 8C 2900 - Paleis Het Loo 2017 | FerrariChat

Alfa 8C 2900 - Paleis Het Loo 2017

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by jbann, Jul 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbann

jbann Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    Northeast Penn.
    #1 jbann, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone have some information on this 8C 2900 photographed at this year's Concours d'Élégance Paleis Het Loo? I have never seen a 2900 spyder with a hardtop. This car seemly wears a fresh restoration.

Any light that someone can shed on this car would be much appreciated. I have do not yet have a copy of Moore's Immortal 2.9 unfortunately to look further into it myself. Online searches were fruitless thus far.

Photo credit to CineCars.nl

Best,
    Jan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well it looks a lot like #412018 with body detail changes. In this day and age the owners do change the cars a lot to their liking.

3. jbann

jbann Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    Northeast Penn.
    It does seem to have similar features. As far as I know #412018 is still in the Bahre Collection in unrestored, original condition.

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

I have both of Simon Moore's 2.9 books. First and second edition. Nothing in them showing any roof like that. I'll continue by saying two more things: (1) I am a big fan of all 8C 2900 Alfa Romeo's. (2) I could be wrong about my opinions below.

Very highly unlikely that the roof shown is at all original. Doubt that any removable top like that was ever made in period for any 2.9 as well as most any other roadster of that time period; especially since these cars already had folding soft tops. The roof shown in the photo does have a similar overhang at the top of the windshield like most, but not all of the 2.9 soft tops.

I also firmly do not believe that this is #412018. There are far too many body shape and detail differences for it to be that car.

The car in the photo could very well be an all new recreation of sorts. It certainly would not be the first recreation of a 2.9 or other coveted rare high value auto.

5. dim

dim Karting

Nov 5, 2003
  6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
  7. jbann

jbann Rookie

Aug 11, 2007
    Northeast Penn.
    Great, thank you for the definitive answer. A beautiful car, even if a replica from Pur Sang. They seem to be bridging out more and more beyond their usual GP Bugattis and 8C 2300s.

Thank you dim and Lusso123 for your input.