Virtual Fish tank (yeah, seriously) | FerrariChat

Virtual Fish tank (yeah, seriously)

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Jet-X, Jan 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #1 Jet-X, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Selling an NEC Fish Club Jr. virtual fish tank. There were two versions, and this is of course the smaller version.

So WTF is it? It's a 24" widescreen television behind a 1 1/2 inch thick piece of plexiglass filled with water and an aerator (bubbles). It's actually pretty cool, but no need for it anymore (I'm throwing my money away on real fish).

You can turn it on and off as you like, or you can set it up on a timer to turn on/off on a schedule (daily, weekly, etc). Great for an office. When you get bored looking at the same fish video, change it to another. Or use the included "fish feeder" which allows you to load up to 5 cards and then the unit will play each one individually.

I mean come on, nothing says home more than looking at a virtual fish tank full of squid... :D

I actually have two units, one of which works fully and is in very good condition (has slight scratch on plexi that can be fixed in lower part). The second unit is in great condition (bought new), but the picture is in green.

Right now, looking to sell the fully working unit and all 18 Fish Cards (3 are duplicates). I still have the original shipping container for the unit, and the unit weighs nearly 90 pounds FYI. Prefer local pick up but will ship at cost. Also, if you want the second unit (maybe fix it or for parts?) if you pay shipping (or pick up locally), I'll include it.

These units were so rare in the U.S. that of the 3 I've seen come up for sale, I've purchased 2 of them. I also imported the new one from Japan (where they're listed on the ebay equivalent frequently in Japan).

Asking $750

Here's a video to my unit (playing Arrowana card): http://we.tl/yFr4iwMpi1

And a video I uploaded years ago (yes, I still have the seahorse card): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lR4vSL6DmY

Also comes with remote, and has an along video audio in (and yes you can turn bubbles off) to watch anything else

Ping me if interested
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. powergreen888

powergreen888 Rookie

Sep 26, 2015
    Hi, Do U still have this item? Would U be interested in some interesting trade?
    Steve
    [email protected]

3. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    this is by far the strangest thing I have seen on here. anywhere..

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
  5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Hilarious but very cool
    Glws

6. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Jet--- does it get virtual ick? Do the fish virtually go belly up? :)

7. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well I had one TV lose the red/blue guns on the CRT, so the fish have gotten virtual-green-ick :D

8. Shaun Oriold1

Shaun Oriold1 Karting

Mar 21, 2008
    Burlington, Ontario. Canada
    Full Name:
    shaun
    I cant believe I'm writing this, saying this, and also spending time looking online for this. But it totally fascinates me with how bizarre this is.

Here is one for sale in BC. Mint Rare NEC SJ1010 Virtual Fish Tank ???,LT ed, Projectio

Seems $750 isnt such a bad deal. Especially with what you get...

GLWS

9. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Nice.

I forgot I even had this up. I had two, I sold one, I need to look at the other one I have along with the cards I have (it's not everything above). I'll probably sell for a fraction of the price.

They also had a Hi-defitiion version run off of high definition laserdiscs (yes, HD laserdiscs). Back in the early 90s it sold for $25k, and the discs were $300 a pop. My friend has one.

10. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Do you need to feed them virtual food?