Rolex Daytona 2-tone | FerrariChat

Rolex Daytona 2-tone

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by spikes360, Feb 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 spikes360, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a 2-tone Daytona with a champagne dial for sale. I purchased it in 2004 from a authorized Rolex Dealer. I have all boxes, hang tags, original purchase order etc. It does have some minor scratches from wear during the 1st 5 years of ownership. I probably wore it approx. 50 - 75 times during the course of 5 years. Since that time I probably only wore it around 20 times. I have 3 Rolexes and I only wear the SS Daytona since 2009. I can't remember the last time I wore the Datejust. Since I don't wear this one anymore I'm thinking about getting something else to save my SS from more wear. New this watch is going for $16,900. I'm willing to let it go for $9000. If interested please send me a PM.
    Thanks, Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    #2 mseals, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks. Except I don't wear long-sleeve shirts!

4. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    very nice watch

5. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks.
    Just an FYI! - I went to 2 AD's over the weekend and 1 offered me $7000 and the other $8100 on a trade for a new 2-tone Black dial Daytona. So, I would imagine that they would be selling it for over $10K. Not sure but just a guess. For all of you nuts out there for originality and exclusivity - the Daytona that I'm selling also has the original wooden box (it looks like a little humidor). Rolex doesn't ship these boxes out anymore.

6. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James
    Funny you should mention $7000, that's what I would like to pay for it.

Could you take further pictures? Including in the box, with the specific papers etc etc etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll try tonight but to be honest I won't let it go for that. I have a couple things up my sleeve that includes a few trips: 1 to Ft. Lauderdale and another to St. Martin within the next few months. Hopefully, I'll get my price either here or down there. Thanks.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    and yet a SS version would sell for more......

FREE GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!

9. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James

It is crazy..... The SS versions here in the UK generally never go below retail.

I personally like the bi-metal version. I have both a white, and a black SS already.

I'll take it for $7500 shipped.

If you could send us the images that would be great

DarkShines
    [email protected]

10. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK going to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend. Going to see if I get a better trade-in offer then I did from here. Unless I get a good offer before I go.

12. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i doubt a dealer is going to beat 7500.

a dealer offered me $9k for my all gold daytona when i wanted a different dial.

13. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry didn't mean from here - Fchat, meant from here - Chicago. I did have a dealer from here (Chicago) offer me $8100 on a trade for a TT Black Daytona. If I could get $9k on a trade then I might just take it. I'm wondering what a trade for the Blue dial TT Sub would be.

14. Koslower1961

Koslower1961 Rookie

Apr 10, 2015
    I would pay 8,000

15. Koslower1961

Koslower1961 Rookie

Apr 10, 2015
    please contact me 602 510 1963 thanks

16. Rodmar

Rodmar Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    South Dakota
    Im sure you'd get 9k, I'd hold out for that. GLWS

17. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to anyone. I've been pretty busy. Well came back from Ft. L. & I was offered $10.5k. Problem was that I would have to spend $21k! So I have another stop in St. Martin in a few weeks and then I'll see if I sell, trade or just keep the watch. Thanks.

18. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Fwiw , take the 8k and move on bro. It's a very fair offer . I buy and sell jewelry for a living. No dealer will pay that. In a trade it can be very convoluted and you will make a better deal with cash and no trade. Glws

19. RS6bird

RS6bird Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    RS6Bird
    +1
    The "high" offers you're being quoted for the trade ($10.5k) are only vs purchasing an expensive watch ($20k+) at list price...you can probably get 20% off the list, which is $4k, so you're better off taking the $8k you've been offered. Very fair deal and you'll be surprised at the discounts you can get, have someone point you in the right direction once you've figured out what you're looking for and sold yours.

20. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What he said

21. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ahhh your guys are great. Here's my dilemma the watch I want is $16.9k I'm willing to go to $5k + my watch. 16.9 - 8 = 8.9k. I would need a23% discount. That would bring me to $5013. I'll eat the $13. I'm not trying to play hardball I just don't want to go over $5k. I understand all of the nuances about dealers and the games they play. I'm in this for the long run if I don't get what I want then I'll just keep what I have. If the stock markets ever get a little bit better then I may take a little less. I'm planning to retire next year and this watch would be my swan song. So, I appreciate the offer and all of the advice. Hopefully we'll all get the deal that will be mutual to all. In about 3 years I'll probably be selling my red/tan '05 360 spider and that should be very interesting!

22. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

23 pct discount could be doable , it just depends on the brand and model of the watch you are looking for.

23. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    What is the typical markup on a high end watch from an authorized dealer?.....Rolex, Patek, JLC, JP, etc?

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Maybe 35 and 5 on the backend if paid early or in advance. But that does not mean that they will discount certain watches . For instance a 44k gold Rolex Yacht Master 2 you can get -20-25 pct but a stainless Sub. maybe 10 pct. and that's a maybe.

25. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well I'm looking for the same but with a Black dial no diamonds. Best price I got here w/o trade was 10 % off. I'll see what I get in St. Martin.