Artwork - Selling for a friend | FerrariChat

Artwork - Selling for a friend

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by naroescape, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. naroescape

naroescape Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    I am helping a very close friend and long time Ferrari owner that some of you in NC/SC may know liquidate his very diverse art collection because he needs the funds to pay for legal work. Seems the IRS did not like the way he did his taxes a few years back and has decided that he needs to spend some time in a federal prison. In a long winding story that I will not get into right now on this forum, he has a very legitimate opportunity to get out very early, but he needs money to pay the legal costs. Unfortunately, his wife (who recently got a very large inheritance) has divorced him during this and basically took all his money, property, stuff, etc....and being in prison without access to any money has made it difficult for him to fight that.

The only thing he has left is his art collection that she was not interested in.

Regardless of the situation, my wife and I are helping him sell it all. We know absolutely nothing about art, though we’re learning more every day. I have taken pictures of each piece and posted them on a website page for viewing with as much information as we could find. Altogether, there are over 150 pieces…not all are up yet but most of the good stuff is there. I went through the effort of sorting them into categories - glass, paintings, ceramics, etc. and created a category called “Exclusive” for some of the higher end pieces. Needless to say…lots of work.

Artwork ? NaroEscape Motorsports

There are some fairly rare and collectible pieces in the collection, such as the Murini bowl by Sherrill (#43), a Dino Rosin sculpture (#101), a couple Frogman bronze sculptures by Tim Cotterill (#87 & 88) and numerous original oil paintings by well known artists like Stephan Horik, Stefano Cecchini, Jean Claude Roy, Emanuel Mattini and others. (I’m told they are well known artists??).

If you know of art collectors, have connections into the art world, or are interested in some of the pieces yourself, please contact me. Prices listed are very negotiable. I can also then privately give you a few more details on the owner and the situation at hand.

Any of you that know this person know that he is one of the most generous and caring people you could know. He would be the first person to jump through hoops to help a friend...this is why we are helping him. He deserves it.

Thanks for looking.

-Bob Saville
    [email protected]

2. naroescape

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    Some items have sold to FChat members...THANK YOU!! Much more available and I should have a few new pieces up next week...

3. naroescape

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    A few new items have been added. I'll also have a Panerai Ferrari watch and some jewelry to sell.

4. naroescape

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    If you have been on the fence about any items, you may want to move on them sooner than later. We are starting to explore working with an auction house so when we do, all the pieces will be out of my hands.

Let me know if you're interested in anything and lets see if we can make a deal on it...

Thanks!

5. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Im interested in Dino Rosin 101 and the Tree plate 004. Im leaving for a day trip and will return this evening. Can you PLEASE hold these for me until I return?

6. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I'm interested in the Panerai watch. What model is it? Does he have any regular PAMs he'd part with? Send me a PM with more information.

7. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Bob.

We are enjoying the purchased artwork. Thank you for answering the questions, arranging shipment, and making sure our deal went well.

I wish your friend the best.

Cheers.
    Frank

8. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee Karting

Mar 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Gee Monie
    Stuff still available or did it go to auction?

9. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #74 (Mattini) still available?