SS Rolex Daytona - Black Dial | FerrariChat

SS Rolex Daytona - Black Dial

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by TRScotty, Jul 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    #1 TRScotty, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Very nice.

3. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great watch. I've been wearing the same one with a white face for the last year and absolutely love it. Buyers… if you shop for these you'll find that most Rolex dealers don't even have SS Daytonas to sell. I believe the new price for them these days it's about $13,000.

GLWS

4. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Thanks, and yes, they aren't cheap.

Someone buy this one!

5. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Great looking watch. I have the 116509 in white gold. The SS version is harder to get than the gold version.

6. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Being brutally honest the words "no large dings or scrapes" makes me think (rightly or wrongly) there are small dings and scrapes. Which on a $10K Daytona is going to limit your market (most folks don't wear them daily and tend to baby them, a bit like Ferraris). The pic is also not very flattering of the bezel but that might be reflections or dust.

I buy most of my watches on TimeZone and they use a grading system. Maybe consider both the system and that site for the sale. They have a few on there at the moment.

I like the black face (used to have a white face version but rotated it out a couple of years ago).

Sales Corner Guidelines: Supplemental Provisions and Definitions - TimeZone

GLWS.

7. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I wear a SS Daytona with white bezel daily and have accrued many nicks and scratches. When I buy something nice, I want to use it as much as possible. This patina and wear is part of its personality. I feel the same way about my Ferrari. I agree that with the wear the price should be adjusted down accordingly. I am going to wait till my Daytona is super scratches before I have it refurbished in the future. One of the annoying things about wearing a Daytona every day is that the Daytona has no date function. The IPhone always have to come out of the pocket for this...

8. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Please don't misinterpret my comments. I was not passing judgement on the price or the condition, just the perception and how better to manage that. And maybe also suggesting a site with about 1000 x the watch buying traffic. eBay is another channel of course, and Chrono24.

9. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Ok, good points all, and yes, as Albert has said, if you wear a watch it will accrue a fair amount of small nicks and scrapes. I could send it off to Rolex for a service and polish, but then I'd have a greater cost-basis and wouldn't be able to sell at the same price. It's kind of like selling your Ferrari, take less if it's due a major or do it and the price will reflect that fact.

This watch runs perfectly and has never been touched by anyone.
    Most Daytonas on the secondary market have been polished at least once, if not numerous times by independents, whose work isn't anywhere near the quality of Rolex's.

If I send it for service/polish, the price will be adjusted.
    If anyone here wants a great watch they can wear daily for a long time, then this is an excellent value.

Thanks again for the replies, I may try Timezone or Chrono, but not really pushing it anywhere but here.

10. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I switch off between my WG Daytona and TT Sub day by day. These should be enjoyed

11. bshah

bshah Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2011
    Chicago
    The pic looks like it has the bezel protector on it.

12. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Correct

13. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    You accept any trades ?

14. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Maybe, PM me what you have in mind.

15. motts

motts Karting

Sep 1, 2015
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Alex
    PM me please I am new to the forum and don't know how to do it.
    Thanks Alex