Rolex 5513 8.7m Serial in Original Unpolished Condition | FerrariChat

Rolex 5513 8.7m Serial in Original Unpolished Condition

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by onefastman, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. onefastman

onefastman Karting

Jul 15, 2011
    STL
    #1 onefastman, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For sale is my clean, original, and unmolested Rolex 5513 8.7m Serial Number dating to 1984. The watch is in highly original condition throughout and is arguably the most original 5513 at a reasonable price for sale anywhere. I purchased 6 months or so ago from the original owner, along with a dozen other watches and this one just doesn't fit my personal style as much as I thought it would. After purchase the watch received a full service at my local watchmaker (Rolex Certified).

Case: Original 5513 case Serial Number 8.7m in beautiful unpolished condition (it is impossible to tell for sure with any Rolex but this one is as clean and original looking as any I have seen), thick lugs, good chamfers, and all the other things one would look at.

Caseback: Original 5512 caseback (many of the 5513's had 5512 casebacks as there were leftovers from the factory).

Dial: Original unrefinished spider dial with stunning heavy patina on the markers. This is not a perfect dial and not for someone who wants a NOS dial with a vintage look. This was a watch likely worn often daily and shows wear accordingly but the look is stunning and rarely seen as most with this sort of patina were replaced during service.

Bezel: Original Bezel and Insert with a matching patina.

Bracelet: Correct Rolex 93150 with correct 580 end links. Bracelet has mild to moderate stretch but in very good condition (better than most less used watches I have seen). Also included is a NOS tropic band.

Movement: Fully serviced 1520 Movement

Please PM me with any questions!

Price: $5,500 OBO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. onefastman

onefastman Karting

Jul 15, 2011
    STL
    I take it you aren't familiar with the vintage Rolex market as original with heavy patina is much more valuable than refinished. Take a look at 5513's on eBay or another forum, $5,000 is the floor and that's for a piece that has been polished and often with new hands or an incorrect dial.

It isn't supposed to look like a new watch, it's a sub that is over 30 years old.

3. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

#5 Drive550PFB, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    I pay a subscription fee and will gladly post my opinion on any thread that is open to me.

4. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
  5. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    I always thought this to be a simple concept.

It's a "for sale" thread. If you have no interest in buying the watch, then there is no reason to comment.

Start your own thread if you want to speak to the subject of watch condition and value. Otherwise when you comment negatively it's just rude to the OP

6. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    I have the same watch I have been wearing for 23 years everyday. You should try getting the face buffed out. It is not crystal its plastic. A great every day watch for the money..

7. juliei

juliei Formula Junior
    Owner

Apr 5, 2009
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Julie I.
    Goodness...

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't know much about vintage Rolex, but I do know that you may want to consider posting on the Rolex forum. I believe the watch would be more appreciated there, and you would likely have better luck selling it.

Good luck with the sale. I think it's a beautiful piece.

9. clm412

clm412 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    CM
    Some people like to keep the history and stories that the patina on an item tells. It's a matter of personal taste. An acquaintance of mine has a considerable and extremely valuable collection, but this one here is favorite. Happened in a motorcycle accident and has its own story to tell[​IMG]

I like the look on yours and good luck with the sale. The buyer has the option to polish and restore as they please or leave it as is. I see it as buying as similar to buying a Ferrari that needs a belt service.... You can choose when, where and what work is done.

10. onefastman

onefastman Karting

Jul 15, 2011
    STL
    Thanks guys, it is listed on TRF, watchuseek, etc. I just thought I would get it a bit more exposure and see if I could get it to a car enthusiast as well as a watch enthusiast!

11. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Actually... yes, you can post your opinion ... but that doesn't mean it will stay posted.

Please read the new posting rules for classifieds VERY carefully.

Thread closed.