Rolex Daytona and Datejust watches | FerrariChat

Rolex Daytona and Datejust watches

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by spikes360, May 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 spikes360, May 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok I'll try this one more time before I put it on Ebay. I'm kind of tired of dealing with these watches so here goes. The 2004 Daytona 2-tone stainless & 18kt gold model 116523 with all boxes etc. for $8,000. The 1998 Datejust 2-tone stainless & 18kt gold model 16233 with all boxes etc. $3200. I have more pictures or just look at my older thread. This does not include shipping & insurance. Cash, check or money order but if the latter it will have to clear before I send anything. If you're near Chicago I can meet you at a safe spot i.e. police station. Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK I didn't post this on EBAY but it looks like I'm going to send it to a watch dealer on a consignment basis within the week if I can't sell it here. I've noticed that the prices for consignment were around $12k for the Daytona and $6k for the Datejust. Believe me that you're getting great watches for a steal!

3. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Pretty good deals. You should try rolexforums. It will sell there easily. Lots of pictures, serial, card, papers and boxes will help.

4. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
  5. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    djantlive, My other post had quite a few pics with all of the documentation included. Also I had some sort of problem with the monitors in the Rolex forum. Don't remember what it was but I must have stepped on someone's toes.

1mean3, I've been in contact with Bob's.

Thanks, Mike

6. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I'm surprised this watch hasn't moved, price seems good.

7. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had some offers most a little low. Others I didn't trust. Seemed like they were fishing for info - don't know. Once I told them I was a Fire/Police Commissioner they never responded back. Hmmmm.

8. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well just a little bit more info. I tried Bob's watches but they give you their best price then they start to deduct for everything once they see the watch. So, the price sounds good in the beginning but then who knows where it ends up. If I was selling a watch in mint condition then it would go for $9,000 or $10,000. BTW it looks like the guys at the Rolex Forum let me back in so I don't know what happen way back when but all is good now.

9. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    PM sent.
    Alden

10. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Never received it.

11. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alden, I did receive your PM it was in my spam folder. PM sent.

12. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just a few thanks. 1st. Like to say thanks to FerrariChat - helps me with what to do for my 360 and also helped me to sell a few things for some very minor costs.
    2nd. Thanks to a fellow Fchatter ADAMAS, (Andrew@Diamond Exchange) that bought the Daytona. Deal went through very easy and without any problems. Actually he trusted me more than I did him - I have trust issues. But he made an offer, I accepted, and he sent me a check. Plain and simple. I still have to send him the Rolex! Thanks.

13. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

ha. the system works