Rolex Daytona 116500LN | FerrariChat

Rolex Daytona 116500LN

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by ODK, Jul 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ODK

ODK Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2014
    Los Angeles
    #1 ODK, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice ....GLWS

3. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
  4. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    the hardest watch to get at this time...

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    absolute beauty. i'm on the waitlist at the local AD...probably going to be waiting a while still.

GLWS

6. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  7. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    +1 - I love this watch! GLWS!

8. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    I don't get it, I keep hearing customers are in line and waiting. I called Rolex Beverly Hills/Century City Store (they are the same) asking if they had one. They took down my information and 48 hours later it was on my wrist. This was December of 2015. Back in 2008 I had one the same but that time walked into the store and picked it up right there, so I ask what gives? And by the way nice watch, love mine. Random Serial Numbers on the newer ones and no hologram sticker on the back.

9. ODK

ODK Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2014
    Los Angeles
    The watch is amazing in person...I had been looking for a white face (the black face ones are available) for a month or so when this one was found for me by a good friend who is a collector. I purchased the watch and went to the Rolex service center in Beverly Hills and had them size it and remove about 25 pieces of protective coverings on the Daytona...literally 15 minutes later my same friend called me. He had found a NITB Patek 5164A Tiffany dial...I had been looking for one for at least a year. So I really don't need two watches that i want to wear as a daily watch. As far as price, I am not trying to gouge anyone as the only one of these is 21K on eBay and there has been none for a couple of weeks. So that is the story with the watch, I am not a dealer or broker. If someone wants to make an offer I am sure we can work something out.

Oren

10. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober

Not the same Daytona.The new one was just announced in March 2016 and is just now getting to ADs.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-new-rolex-daytona-now-with-black-cerachrom-bezel

11. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    But saw them in December at the Rolex stores, again both in Century City and Beverly Hills store, I just did not want that particular style. And that is subjective. Price is extremely fair on this watch. It is the only watch along certain Patek's that not only keep their value but in time go up and up. Someone here would be getting a really nice watch!

12. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  13. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    It was the one under glass, did not ask about it but it was being displayed. Have too many Rolex's not to notice the difference. Now am not sure if they were selling or on display - I looked but did not ask.

14. ODK

ODK Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Albert328gts...I don't want to be rude but it's physically impossible that you saw one in December...authorized dealers have just started receiving the watches...

15. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    #15 albert328gts, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    We obviously all appreciate fine movements, and I do not want to argue either, but I can swear I saw one there. Again not sure if it was for sale or just a one off that they had. But I had not been drinking :) nor was I high. Maybe am wrong (oh yeah it is possible) but again I can swear I saw it there. You local so am wondering where did you pick this one up from? Either way it is a beautiful watch, someone here ought to grab it ASAP. GLWS And I will add that maybe I was mistaken on what I saw, perhaps a white gold model with a ceramic dial but not a Panda face. I was too excited that they called me within 48 hours to pick mine up :)

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    What is the MSRP on this watch?

17. ODK

ODK Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2014
    Los Angeles
  18. RichP470

RichP470 Rookie

Sep 8, 2012
    N California
    Just got mine today, love it.

19. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    $12,400 USD.

20. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Albert brings up a good conversation. This watch is pretty much the Holy Grail right now, especially for Rolex enthusiasts. Does it actually look that much different front the older version? The ceramic bezel appears to be larger and the dimensions look different. The reviews are very positive, I hope that Rolex keeps it limited for awhile.

21. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Amazing watch. I'm on the list at a few places but it seems that each AD will only see 1-2 watches per year. It's going to be a long wait. GLWS!

22. ODK

ODK Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Now you can have your choice...black or white dial.

23. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I think it's just the fact that the 6263 has gotten so much attention from the vintage market that it has driven the prices for them past $30k USD, and the fact this one sort of pays homage to that one with modern materials, at a fraction of the cost.

The the watch (almost) everyone has been asking for from Rolex.

24. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Holy cow,
    I called the best "reseller" in the DFW area and he said they have a white dial and black dial 116500. $23K but he thinks they are both sold but he thinks they have another one coming in.

25. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I'm being patient and will wait for one to come in where the dealer doesn't charge double for it. That's absurd.

I also wouldn't hold my breath on that dealer getting any more in for the year, unless they are a top dealer for Rolex.