Breitling Emergency Watch - Quick Sale! | FerrariChat

Breitling Emergency Watch - Quick Sale!

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by njcycleguy, Feb 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    #1 njcycleguy, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Up for sale is my Mint, Like New condition Breitling Emergency watch. It just came back from Breitling USA with a new battery and full service ($650). I have my eye on a new watch and I need to move this as well as a few others quickly.

Highlights
    - This is the 43MM version, blue dial. It is the last version Breitling produced with an updated Titantium bracelet. Purchased from an Authorized Dealer BRAND NEW. I'm on the only owner.
    - Includes full case, ALL documentation, ALL hang tags, and Breitling beacon Testing system.

The Breitling Emergency was originally design for pilots and aircrews. It is a watch with a built-in micro-transmitter broadcasting on the 121.5 MHz aircraft emergency frequency and is designed to complement the distress signalling equipment of any aircraft. Following a crash the 'Emergency' will broadcast a signal on which rescuers can home in.

The transmitter is activated (for 48 hours) by unscrewing a protective cap and pulling the antenna out fully. Over flat terrain or calm seas, the transmitter signal has a range of about 160Km (assuming the search aircraft is flying at an altitude of 6000m).

This is NOT the new version of the Emergency (which cost over $10k) - but these are apparently appreciating as I've seen them range in price from $4k to $6k. I just want a quick sale. Quick transaction at $3,000 cash/wire -or $3150 Paypal. I'll include insured shipping to CONUS only.

Located in NNJ/NY City area.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    how is the value affected by the decommission of 121.5 beacons? 406mhz is the standard now

3. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Judging by asking/selling prices, not much. I believe collectors are taking notice as I was told a few times by some jewelers to sit on it for a few years and it's provenance as the first "Emergency" may increase it's value substantially. Its a cool piece, regardless of the frequency change.

4. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    This is really a great deal for a cool watch that is also a great conversation piece. (people always ask, what if I pull the transmitter)? Well, that's a $25,000 fine - plus the cost of the attempted rescue.

5. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
  6. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Super cool watch and certainly a neat conversation piece!

What a steal...wish I saw this earlier.