Tudor Big Block 79180 Panda | FerrariChat

Tudor Big Block 79180 Panda

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by sherpa23, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #1 sherpa23, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am going to put this on the watch forums later this week but I figure it's a good chance for my Fchat brethren to beat the market.

I am selling (or trading) my Tudor Big Block chronograph, black dial with white sub dials. This is the Tudor version of the Rolex Daytona and it is essentially a Daytona with the date.

Reference: 79180

Serial: “B53xxx" from 1993

Condition: Excellent, Rolex Oyster case is perfect, lugs and bezel are sharp and although the tachymetre portion shows a small amount of wear, the crystal is clear, Rolex crown is perfect, correct Tudor branded Oyster bracelet 78400 is in excellent condition and is complete with 12 links. It also has the correct 605 end links.

The watch was sent back to the RSC in New York a little over a year ago and received a complete and very expensive service (almost $1600) and has been worn two times since. It is really spectacular but I just don’t wear it.

It comes with the service receipt, warranty card from the service, and the felt service pouch and cloth. This is one of the nicest 79180 Tudors that I’ve ever come across. You won’t be disappointed.

Asking Price: $4950 and I’m open to trades.

Pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sweet watch! GLWS!

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    How about a trade for a year's worth of free manicures? JEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Nice watch, bud. GLWS! :)

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Thanks! It's pretty special.

Haha. Thanks Dave but I chew my nails constantly (sad byproduct of building a company). Find me a set of 360 Challenge seats and I'll happily make a swap, though!

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I did some looking around and since I don't have the box, $4550 is a better price.

6. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Just starting to look at buying a nice watch. Darth suggested I take a look here at yours. Great looking watch and has lots of cool stuff, but probably a bit more than I can do at the moment.

GLWS though!!

PDG

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Patrick, I am always up for trades but feel free to make me an offer. I'm always happy to help out a fellow Fchatter.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    nice

the rolex crown is on the knob end ?

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #9 sherpa23, Mar 1, 2017
    Well yeah. It's made by Rolex and has a Rolex case, too. Also, see the cyclops? The bracelet is a Rolex bracelet too. This was from back when Tudor used almost all Rolex stuff. As I said, it's like a Daytona with the date but it is like 1/3 of what a Daytona would be. If you took out the dial and movement and removed the Tudor clasp (which is identical to that period's Rolex clasp but with the Tudor logo), what you have left would be identical to a Rolex Daytona.

It's a ridiculously good deal. They are starting to really go up and I'm sure it will be worth a lot more one day.

Here are some other pics.

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #10 sherpa23, Mar 3, 2017
    So, for those who are interested, here is a Rolex Daytona 6262. Look at the dial and the hands and then look at the Tudor dial and the hands. And for those keeping score, that Daytona is roughly 6x the price of the Tudor..

11. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi, sorry my post count is too low to PM you, but I am interested in your watch. I had a Tag Link that my wife got me as an anniversary gift years ago, but it got stolen when our house was broken into. I am looking to get another watch to replace it. Is there another way to contact you to discuss? Thanks in advance! Eric

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sale pending...