Snake and Mongoo$e | FerrariChat

Snake and Mongoo$e

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rdefabri, Sep 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm the son of a drag racer, and I grew up less than 15 minutes away from Englishtown Raceway Park (home of the NHRA Summernationals). Been going there since 1970, and I geeked over Don "Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "Mongoose" McEwen and the Hot Wheels toys of that era.

With all the nostalgic racing movies, I'm glad to see this one made. It's not Rush, but the history of these two men really changed drag racing, and arguably all of racing in terms of sponsorship and money to the sport:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMHR8leKoY]Snake & Mongoose Movie Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

While not in the trailer, I remember the 1978 US Nationals, where McEwen defeated Prudhomme days after the death of his son. Touching and tragic, something I've never forgotten.

2. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I loved that era! Thanks for posting....

3. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I've been looking forward to this.

4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Well.......I guess I am going to the movies.

5. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    I just watched the movie, thought it was worth bringing a thread back from the dead. Definitely worth seeing, I regret not seeing it on the big screen.