GP2 | FerrariChat

GP2

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by IamRobG, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    How many of you actually watch GP2? I try to catch it as often as I can it seems to be a lot more exciting every time I watch it. They're good lucking and sound nice.

2. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Yes, I have been watching for several years. Will Buxton announcing makes it difficult. The two race format was good and the inverted top 8 makes the midPack race interesting.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've watched it for many years now. Unfortunately this is the first year I'm not getting it live on TV, so have to find streams these days and with sucky internet I don't get to see all of it.

GP3 with their new formula (from 2 liter turbos to 3 liter V6s) has vastly improved and is great to watch too.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My one annoyance is that each and every driver is the most brilliant driver ever with him, with the exception of a few. And everyone is the nicest guy ever.

His commentating on the race itself is quite good though.

5. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I would agree. I think he is a good pit lane guy and he needs to tell everyone they are brilliant in order to be successful in that role, as access is critical. As a full time announcing commentator, it gets a little old and seems he is trying too hard. In general though, I like GP2. The guys are not as polished as F1 and it results in some pretty exciting racing with the occasional boneheaded blunder, on track or in the pits.

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Now that I no longer watch Formula 1, I am watching more GP2 (at least until they switch to turbos).