Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | FerrariChat

Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by David Lind, Aug 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Confirmed for April 10-12, 2014. NOLA Motorsports Park (in Avondale, LA), which is about 14 miles south of New Orleans.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Congrats guys!!!

I think you mean 2015.......

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I do mean 2015; thanks.
    Bring your Deep Woods Off!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If the winner in New Hampshire gets a large lobster, will this race reward the winner with a crawfish? :D

P.S. That's about the time of year that the race in Alabama has been taking place. Is Barber losing its race?

5. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I can't envision Barber not having its race. I could see them being back-to-back.
    My real thought is that I can't believe Indycars have never run at Road Atlanta, and apparently there is no interest in doing so.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think there are some safety issues with Road Atlanta that have never been adequately dealt with. It doesn't seem to bother the sportscar or motorcycle racers, but everytime IndyCar has been mentioned in the past, safety was always an issue.

Frankly I'd like to see NASCAR Sprint Cup race there. For a series born in the South (and from drivers in hot cars trying to outrace revenue agents - on the road!), it's a bit silly that the only two road races on the calendar are in California and New York. Sprint Cup really does need a road race in the South, and Road Atlanta seems like the obvious venue.

7. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    What safety issues did they have going on with the Indycars at Road Atlanta?

I hope Andretti Sports Marketing is successful with the IGPoL

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Road Atlanta is surrounded by concrete walls just a few yards off the racing surface. it's begging for SAFER barriers (and is probably why IndyCar doesn't want to be there)

9. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    ah ok, but Road America is no different really in terms of safety regarding the walls but that's never really been brought up as a hinging issue with them that I know of.

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    but they aren't racing there either ;)

I agree, Road Atlanta gets a bad rap safety wise, not entirely deserved. but it can result in some big crashes.

11. Istvan355

Istvan355 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Folsom LA
    Full Name:
    Steve Bedo Jr
    Does anybody know of any car clubs attending the Indy Race of Louisiana on the weekend of April 10th 11th and 12th . And participating in any of the car corals to show there cars,
    I talked the people at track and they said they are only selling package groups to car clubs
    That would include car coral parking and grandstand tickets and paddock passes.
    Please post any information as I am interested in parking in car coral.
    Thanks