365 GTB Daytona Ferrari Monterey Historics | FerrariChat

365 GTB Daytona Ferrari Monterey Historics

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by chsutherland, Sep 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chsutherland

chsutherland Rookie

Jan 6, 2009
  2. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Some fun.

Thanks for sharing. It's a nice video.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Love that great V-12 sound!

Can someone confirm that Ferrari will be the featured marque at Monterey in 2015?

4. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Is that the same Jim Pace who used to race GTP cars? If so, he was very good for a privateer.
    Daytona brakes must have been the limiting factor in the video laps ... seems like the braking distances were extremely long.

5. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Jim Pace was a professional. Earned a majority of his money racing in a professional series for over a decade. Won his class in GTU at the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1992 and won OVERALL, the 24 Hours of Daytona AND the Sebring 12 Hours a few weeks apart in 1996. He's a marvelous guy and a great coach who helps a lot of people.

David Hinton is a good shoe, too. Drove with Jim Pace in the Rolex 24 and Sebring this year in a Riley BMW DP car.

6. chsutherland

chsutherland Rookie

Jan 6, 2009
    That was David Hinton driving. But its on the Jim Pace youtube page. I think everyone drives well below the 10/10th mark at Monterey. The Daytona had a slight miss, we cleaned the points and it ran better. Very temperamental car.

JP is a great guy, and a great coach just like our buddy Peter Krause aka the best dressed man in the paddock. As Peter said he was a factory driver for Riley and Scott in the 90's, and would've been the only American if my memory is correct to win Daytona 24, Sebring 12 and LeMans 24 in the same year (1996) but his car broke in the middle of the night at LeMans.

craig

7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    You and/or Jim drove in this year's 24? Let me know what car type and number, and I'll see if I have a pic that I can post. Are you guys driving in the historic 24 hrs in mid-November? I think Redman is putting it on. ... talk about a character!

8. chsutherland

chsutherland Rookie

Jan 6, 2009