Dan Gurney Awarded Edison-Ford Medal | FerrariChat

Dan Gurney Awarded Edison-Ford Medal

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by David Lind, Oct 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    This award, which was presented last night, has only been awarded 1 other time in the past 2 1/2 decades, but last night it was presented to Big Dan in recognition of his colossal contributions to motorsport. Couldn't be a more deserving recipient, IMHO. As I have mentioned in FChat before, Dan is the real deal in a world which is increasingly populated with poseurs and flashes-in-the-pan.
    Many congratulations to Dan, Mrs. Evi, the Gurney family, and AAR folks now and in the past!

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I wish somebody would write the definitive Dan Gurney biography. Ludvigsen's book is now 15 years old, and nothing else worthy of the man has been written. As time goes by fewer and fewer primary sources are available to illuminate Dan's story.

I was fortunate to see the wonderful tribute to him at Goodwood Revival in 2012. Dan was truly moved by it and I freely admit I was tearing up...As the Royal Marine band played The Star Spangled Banner a flight of P-51 Mustangs flew up the pit straight in formation. Lord March knows how to pay tribute!