NARRA - Awesome race series with great people | FerrariChat

NARRA - Awesome race series with great people

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RotarySwingGolf, Nov 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    I did my first race with NARRA this weekend (Home) and was extremely impressed with how welcoming all the drivers and the organizers were. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome given that I was the "oddball" out in the only Ferrari there. It's mostly high horsepower cars, Vipers, GTR's, souped up Evo's and STi's and the classes are power to weight which I find to be much more fairly classed than some other race series.

I ran TT3 in my 360CH and managed to win both days against 9 cars in the class which was cool to have such a big turnout for the class. There was a Evo that was extremely closely matched with 400 rwhp to my 307, but he weighed 3400 pounds and I'm at 2655 with no fuel. It was fun to have two totally different cars run so similarly.

Between NASA, CCR, and other groups I've raced with, this was the nicest, most helpful and welcoming group I've ever raced with and if you have Challenge car, you can be fairly classed and competitive right out the door. More importantly, you can instantly feel like you're wanted there and a part of their family. At Sebring this past weekend we had 50 cars including 15 prototype racers which was really cool to see, including two Praga's!

If you're looking for a series to run your Ferrari in, street car or Challenge car, check them out!

Oh, and here's my record lap, 2:18.7 in a stock 360CH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bcvubb2LdA

2. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Hello, nice video and smooth driving. Looked as though you were all alone or out front the whole time. Thanks

3. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Chuck prefers to be out there all alone.

4. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    Lol Greg. Well lately I've just been seeing ur taillights for about 20 seconds and then you disappear!

Actually this was literally the only clean lap I got as it was at the very end of the session and most of the cars had gone in (it was a time trial).

5. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Lap time?