Scuderia Corsa confirms 3 Ferrari 458 GT3's for Pirelli World Challenge! | FerrariChat

Scuderia Corsa confirms 3 Ferrari 458 GT3's for Pirelli World Challenge!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Mike Hedlund, Dec 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    Scuderia Corsa Confirms Three Ferraris for PWC Season - Sportscar365

Hey guys! I know we have some PWC fans on the forum so just wanted to post this in-case any of you were on the fence about coming out to some of the races. We'd love to have you stop by and say hi! If my car is there, just ask for me and I'd be happy to give you a quick tour of the team/car. We're currently the only Ferrari's confirmed so we could use the support. :)

At the moment my plan is to do as many PWC races as I can which don't conflict with the Tudor NAEC rounds and LM24 (trying to find a seat!): COTA, St. Pete, Long Beach, Barber, Mosport, Sonoma, and Laguna Seca. I might be able to squeeze in a couple more depending on budget and timing.

-mike

2. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Nice congrats on the drive

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Congrats!

4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Congrats on the drive.

No plans for Miller?

5. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Awesome, hope to make it out to Mosport!

6. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    Thanks guys! No plans for Miller at the moment...

-mike

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Congratulations!

8. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Good luck Mike. What car specs are you running this year. Is it a standard GT-3?

9. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    Yah, full GT3 spec. However, my car has a couple legacy IMSA/GTD parts (it was the car we ran at Daytona in 2013, and SMP finished 4th with in 2014 before it was converted back to full GT3 for me). The biggest difference is the rollcage -- it's beefier than the standard GT3 spec (and has higher door bars, which i like!).

We're still trying to convince Michelotto to help us with some sort of Launch Control (which isn't in the homologated GT3 spec), but haven't had much luck...

-mike

10. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Mike thanks for sharing. Good luck on the season.

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    What engine management are you using? We use Bosch for EM and TC I'm sure they could do LC easily with their system.

12. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Shoot! Ok. Hope you change your mind! :)

13. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    Just the standard GT3 spec which I believe is Magneti Marelli for the engine management.

I'm sure they could easily add some form of LC, but it seems more political than anything at the moment. At the moment there's only 3 of us needing it and it doesn't seem like enough demand to get them to help. We're still working on it though....

The Ferrari GT3 is probably one of the best base chassis for the class, but the electronics are probably its weakest point. The LC is outdated and pretty worthless in terms of increasing performance of the car in the dry, unlike some from other brands that have a more advanced TC and yaw control systems. Too bad we couldn't run the GT2 traction control system! :)

-mike