Where to buy helmets/HANS near Boston | FerrariChat

Where to buy helmets/HANS near Boston

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by madaxnmax, Dec 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. madaxnmax

madaxnmax Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I'm looking to try out a couple helmets before I buy/get fitted for a HANS device but I need a tip on where to look near Boston. Any members have a place they can recommend?

Thanks,
    Max

2. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I'm unsure if there is a good local shop nearby; one of the challenges for retailers is good helmets are expensive to stock, so few carry the variety or sizes given they are low volume sellers. If you're willing to drive, Stable Energies in NJ is a good shop.

A another good alternative would be to call OG Racing (my usual) or one of the major national-level suppliers, talk to them about options and sizing; they can send you the goods. Yes, shipping is a hassle but better you have a little hassle and the right helmet/fit.

Last, if you want a real selection, check out Demon Tweeks UK - an uber supplier. Hassle of course if you need to return/swap since you have to deal with shipping, but as much of a hassle as shipping within the US.

HANS are easy to fit, the helmets less so.

Good luck

3. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Try the guys at HMS in Danvers. They have items in stock and were very helpful when I was looking for a seat for my 911.

HMS Motorsport

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    maybe F1 Boston? I know they sell karting gear...

5. madaxnmax

madaxnmax Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Thanks! I'm definitely a fan of OG. I've used them before and was definitely satisfied. I was just hoping to give a couple helmets/the various HANS models a shot before buying. I'm waffling between the carbon/non-carbon versions of HANS and between a couple different helmets I'd like to try out side by side.

Stable looks like a great shop! Next time I drive down to NY I'll be stopping by. I was actually at F1 Boston a couple weeks ago but I wasn't really happy with the options they had available.

Thanks again guys!

6. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Another vote for HMS - not too far from Boston and easy to get to.

7. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Another vote here for HMS.

Plenty of HANS and helmets in stock for you to try out.