ACO LMP2 proposals spark controversy | FerrariChat

ACO LMP2 proposals spark controversy

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by william, Mar 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Endurance info.com has an interesting article about the forthcoming divorce between the ACO and the Tudor Series.

The ACO wants to enforce its specs engine rule in LMP2, but the Tudor series would accept several engines.

It will become difficult for Tudoe participants to enter Le Mans, if they don't have the engine homologated by the ACO.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I think the spec engine idea is a horrible idea. I'd rather see them recruit manufacturers to do a chassis and engine as a unit (think HPD ARX04b). lots of manufacturers have an eligible engine, and those that don't want to develop their own chassis could partner with a "branded" chassis from Ligier, Oreca, et al. i.e. Nissan builds the motor, Oreca provides the chassis, and it's branded the Nissan LMP2 and must run that chassis/engine combo.

that way you could keep a cost-contained customer car that still has manufacturer support...get Nissan, Honda, Ford, VW, et al involved and make it interesting.

I have little to no interest in yet another "spec prototype" class.