2015 SCCA Runoffs Videos | FerrariChat

2015 SCCA Runoffs Videos

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by speedsport, Nov 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was watching some of these the other day and figured I'd at least link them to this site. Really some great races here. If anyone ever had the desire to start doing some real wheel to wheel racing, take a look...this is a great place to start.

Below is a link to all of the races:

Videos - Sports Car Club of America

Below is a link to my race. We're not the fastest cars, but we have some great races and fun! I'm the red #65....I won't spoil the finsh but the last lap was good.

Formula Vee 2015 SCCA Runoffs - Sports Car Club of America

Michael Varacins

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I had a tough week but ended up the "hard charger" in my race. HP was the best race IMO. First to third no one crossed the line front wheels first. I was one of those knuckleheads fishing in lake lloyd when I wasn't on track.

3. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    I went the last year at Road America.....if you want to see 'jump up and down' racing fun, SCCA has it!

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That was a cool stretch when Runoffs were at RA for multiple years. I like the fresh approach of going to Iconic tracks all around the country for Runoffs. It makes a non-competitive guy like me willing to do the $10k week. It is a fun show that way. This year SM had a night race and there were fireworks after the checkered flag. It was a great show.

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nice driving champ! Thanks for sharing.

Hayes and Islay were actually my instructors for Advanced M school at VIR this summer.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Man that was fun to watch. Congrats on the well deserved win !
    Real entertainment.

My first SCCA car was a Bobsy F Vee back in the day and I still have a soft spot for them.
    Got out a few years back with tube framed F Mazda as the last car.

Was sad when SPEED channel dropped the runoffs.

I'd still like to find a Knappmobile and restore it.

7. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The night SM race was definitly cool. I personally don't like the changing tracks every year. When it changes every year, it feels more like a normal race then the "runoffs". For me there was always some magic about being at the same track every fall...kinda felt like going home....the atmosphere, ect. Plus it made engineering easier. Now each track is different so a different approach is needed every season to car development. I would have prefered a 3-5 year run at each track.

8. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael

9. speedsport

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Very cool! I spoke with Laura for a little bit during the week. Seems like a bright girl who can definitly drive well.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

I might find my way back into the sport but finding a way into a FV harness might be a different matter ;)

Back when I put a pen to it FM was actually cheaper.
    The Canadians used to have a spec street tire series in FF.
    That's the way to go.

11. fullmonty

fullmonty Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2007
    LALAland
    Full Name:
    Mel
    A really fine race. Just lit the fire under me to finish getting my vintage crusader FV car ready for this coming season.

12. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Thanks for posting, first watched SRF, then Formula V. I love the style of the cars in those two classes.